You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clipping paths and better curves

Hi,

There are a lot of great stuff in 1.5 but still points that I miss from a view of professional and high end image editing and workflow.

Point 1 is real clipping paths. Paths that can be exported with TIFFs, PSDs and JPEGs and will be recognized in Apps like InDesign. A lot of product photography you can download from press centers from all sort of industries including clipping paths for users in press and advertising. I wonder why such an important feature in professional image workflow is still unsupported (or do I miss anything? found nothing on the forum).

Point 2 is better curves handling. I think every high end image editor is using curves all of the time. But there is no way to select channels by shortcut, move curve points with keyboard arrows (it is almost impossible making small moves by mouse), get clipping alert in curves as in levels, clipping alerts for single channels and something that shows better where you are when you moving the whitepoint in curves, maybe a vertical line from the top to the bottom helping bringing the whitepoint close to the histogram.

Another problem is using the picker in curves: If I try to change a point by mouse action on the image it always creates new points on the curve. Although it is very close to a still existing. It would be better if near points would be moved instead of creating a new near beside.

I also miss a picker to set neutral grey in curves.

I also wonder why the white balance picker affects the white balance but not the tint.  

Regards

Markus

Markus Wäger | German Autor | Graphic Design, Photoshop and Photography Expert | preparing a german book about Affinity Photo

http://www.markuswaeger.com

• 2 months later...

Plus one on both of these feature requests. Fortunately, I was able to use the crop tool as a clipping path for a rectangle, but what if I wanted to clip a round object?

I don't get how to add a point on a curve. I'm using Mac. Are you on Windows? Am I having trouble doing this because I'm working on a PDF created from Illustrator (CS4)?