AshBoio

Cropping / masking image slightly smaller than selection

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to Affinity and was wondering if there is a way to crop or mask a selection slightly less than the actual selection itself. What I mean is, when you mask a shape, it leaves a slight layer of the background pixels on your cropped image. I have tried to 'refine' this, however, this does not work effectively enough. Just looking for something which will save me going around the entire image with a small eraser.

Thanks very much,

Ash

MEB,

Could you explain a bit more about what Use precise clipping affects? What is the downside of enabling it vs. the upside?

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I have attached 2 images. One before the cut / mask / whatever you want to call it, and one after. As you can see from the second picture, there are white pixels left from the background. I have tried refining and things but nothing works except goind around the whole image with an eraser. I was just wondering is there an option where you can reduce the selection size of the selected pixels. Sort of squashing them in just a mm or two inside the image to avoid cropping some of the background of the original image. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Ash.

post-48663-0-63114200-1484082304_thumb.png

post-48663-0-89354000-1484082310_thumb.png