You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo PDF manual.

• Staff

Hi ve2cjw,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's no PDF manual but @jeffkovitz has provided an epub version of the online Help here. I believe there's also a few conversions to PDF around the forums but due to the conversion from the Help i don't think they are appropriate for printing. There will be an official workbook later similar to what we have done for Designer.

Hi MEB,

I looked into the ebook and the problem with it is, that the modifier keys and mouse buttons are broken there. The reason for this is that the Help contains OS dependent parts, which are resolved through java script, which do not seem to work correctly in the epub. Yesterday I created my own epub through calibre, which has a better quality looked in calibre at the PC. But if I move it to android, the readers there are still not capable to display these parts.

I always read my books and manuals on mobile devices on the couch. So if it is to complicated to create some mobile formats, would it then be possible to put the help online? I mean, it is a HTML help already. So put it on a server, provide some links, and let google know about it. This way I can read it in firefox or chrome and on the other hand Affinity gets more publicity through google results. If someone searches for "layer mask", Affinity would be much more represented. It is like microsoft does it with its MSDN help.

At the top right corner or so, there could be two dropdowns for language and OS. This way I could read the german help for windows on android or ios.

Here some Adobe online help examples:

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/photoshop/topics.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/lightroom/topics.html

PLEASE provide a Mac and Windows PDF manual. I don't care about printing, but using it on a phone or 2nd screen is very useful. Also, as mentioned earlier ePub (on phone apps) and PDF conversions do not provide all information, which makes those options insufficient. This is very important to me.

Isn't PagePlus X9 among the best applications available for PDF manual creation?

I'd really like a pdf Help as well - I can read it when away from Affinity/my desktop machine.

PLEASE provide a Mac and Windows PDF manual. I don't care about printing, but using it on a phone or 2nd screen is very useful. Also, as mentioned earlier ePub (on phone apps) and PDF conversions do not provide all information, which makes those options insufficient. This is very important to me.

Isn't PagePlus X9 among the best applications available for PDF manual creation?

While the Affinity guys are thinking about a PDF or online help I have helped myself by adapting the HTML help for windows to be useable on my android device. So maybe this can help you:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/33786-instruction-reading-affinity-help-on-android/