You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 6/25/2019 at 6:21 PM, Bloque9 said:

Thanks for the advice (and the sympathy)! :) It is not that bad actually. Anyway, I think Affinity Designer and Photo are great software. 

@Bloque9, I recommend Affinity products to Windows and macOS users since it is an affordable alternative to being permalocked into a certain cloudy subscription service. Indeed, Affinity Photo is so good that l know of astrophotographers who use it to process their images. I happen to use Ubuntu Mate on my desktop PC and Linux Lite on my laptop (see pic below) and I'd welcome Affinity products that work well with Wine. That reminds me, you're welcome to check my posting history where you'll find out what l use and what l suggest to try out with Wine. :)

i53h9w.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/15/2019 at 4:44 PM, EMHmark7 said:

But it would be multiplatform (if done in Webassembly) (maybe now they are programming in 2 or 3). And maybe it would even be more reliable because memory management, although I do not know memory usage limitations in a browser.

As I know - WebAssembly is based on 32 Bit - so the limit should be 4GB...
Maybe some day with wasm64 the limit will push

• 1 year later...
On 11/21/2014 at 5:46 AM, TonyB said:

Perhaps we should create a Kickstarter campaign for a Linux version. We should set the target at $500k and see how much interest we get.

Wait you mean give money to serif to do it??!! hahahaaaaahhahaa They're not open source man.  It's like, hey serif, here's our money for you to make a new product to profit from.  haha

25 minutes ago, Bog said:

Wait you mean give money to serif to do it??!! hahahaaaaahhahaa They're not open source man.  It's like, hey serif, here's our money for you to make a new product to profit from.  haha

I think that's the problem. If Serif thought there was a chance of making the same profits from Linux as there is from Windows, Mac and i-pad versions, they would probably do it. Like you say, they are in business to make money!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad