You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Here is a YouTube link https://youtu.be/5fnHH-Pxk9oit will take you to my humble effort at video tutrorials in response to Franklin's post. Franklin I hope I didn't presume too much by downloading your photo, I could have used one of my own, but felt it would be more informative to use your original image. In the event you are not happy with my using your image, please let me know and I will comply.

The video res., leaves something to be desired unfortunately, it has been years since I did any serious video production, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Hope this is of some help for those who wish to master cloning.

Aeros4 - I'm OK with your tutorial, but could have provided a higher resolution image - what I posted was a screenshot. I rarely post anything full resolution online. Have heard stories of work being stolen/presented by someone as theirs when it is not, and there is little that can be done about it unless photos are officially registered . . .

One of the things I was forgetting is feathering, and also am used to Photoshop tools. A little aggravation for me is sometimes I am sure I clicked for a different source position to use for cloning and instead it's off somewhere else.

A little note, when you sourced/selected a fill color to the right side toward the end of the tutorial, I would prefer to leave it slightly darker, as the light starts to fall away under the roof.

The girl at left was Miss Mansfield, England a couple years ago. She is very nice, sings and plays guitar, and she was accompanied by her friend at right when they visited the US.

Thanks for your response Franklin, I will use my own originals at higher res., going forward. Thank you also for the back story on the photo. I had a girlfriend from Mansfield many decades ago, she went on to being cabin crew for BA and looked me up on a visit to Toronto, from there I moved to Alberta some 25 years ago, have been in Canada now for 53 years since leaving Liverpool when I was twenty.

Thanks for your feedback on the video quality, I will do better on the next one.

Cheers,

R.J.

D600, 1/1600 sec. at f/2.0, ISO 2000, nikkor 85 1.8D, manual exposure.

Was fortunate to cover a daytime gymnastics meet in a gym where glass block windows let light in near the beam. Girl on beam was a YMCA National Champion twice. When covering sports I usually process from jpeg. I know, shoot raw . . . I have raw set for slot 1, jpeg in slot 2.

also, no sharpening or noise reduction in this shot. I went back to original print and concentrated on clone tool and not much else for this photo so it was pretty much Straight Out Of Camera, just cropped and downsized in resolution.