You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Don't read if easily offended

carl123

I was amused by Pioneer moaning about the shortcoming of Affinity when he was trying to clone out the background.  Someone ought to tell him that if he only used the pen tool to make a good selection of such easy clean lines he would have had no issue at all.  And for an advanced used to start off using a hard brush to clone in and not forsee edge artefacts was also amusing.  But hey, nice try!

On 1/9/2017 at 1:26 PM, Alfred said:

I think the Share Your Work forum is intended for sharing the work you've created with Affinity apps, not for sharing work created in Inkscape and imported into Affinity Designer, or created with your DSLR and not even developed or slightly retouched in Affinity Photo. I'm sure that not everyone will want to share their workflow in detail (and if they do want to share, then the Tutorials section is the place to do so) but I agree with the OP that for photos we really need to see the 'before' and 'after'.

Although that happens quite a bit, created in something else with a bit of AD/AP at the end. I don't really have a problem with that though as long as it's made clear, if it's interesting it doesn't matter. Add me to that only showing the end result of photo editing is a bit pointless, the result might even be a step backwards for all we know.

It's a bit sad that "share your work" and "tutorials" have to be explained at all.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

Pretty straightforward what Share your Work and Tutorials is for and about.

Along with the idea that these are on a Forum, intended for Discussion. If simply asked of process to create, then can create a further interest alongside discussion in the subject.

If one is merely wanting to showcase, then so be it... take it for what it is. If wanting further info... simply engage in discussion, rather than ‘Likes’ alone.

1 hour ago, StudioJason said:

If wanting further info... simply engage in discussion, rather than ‘Likes’ alone.

Yup, just ask. I'm always willing to share my steps. 

As stated before, for photo works a lot is done in my RAW developer, AP is only the last step, mostly inpainting, blemish removal and such. But if anyone is interested, just ask.

And yes I know, you can develop RAWs in AP. That works well for up to 5 photos, more than that is a pain in the lower back. 200 or more is suicide.