You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi. I downloaded a trial version on Friday, 01/08 to try it out. After working through some of the tutorials, I decided to give it a try. Today, I attempted to purchase the app and discovered you yanked the $39.99 price. Why allow people to "try then decide", but penalize me by upping the price the VERY NEXT DAY WITHOUT A WARNING? I was more than willing to try a new app through the APP store (which I normally boycott in favor of the developer site) for $40. After all, it's less than a pair of new shoes which pinch. Charge me $10 more for buying through the APP store, (making upgrades costly as you update your new app) and I'm disappointed as well as having second thoughts. Are you planning on repeating your promotion or what? If you want to be competitive and lure people away from subscription services, be more professional with your promotions and let people know what kind of timeline we have instead of capriciously deciding to shoot your company in the foot with a start-up mentality that forgets about its customer base when making decisions that affect US. Really DISAPPOINTED with your "try then buy" offer.

• Staff

hereticpriestess,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

You have just missed a promotion timed to coincide with the launch of the Windows Version of Affinity Photo. The price has now returned to to normal selling price. We try hard to promote the price reduction, on facebook, on twitter, on our website and in the Mac App Store text. This includes the end date, when prices return to normal.

Please realise that there are bound to be a few people who miss out on an offer like this but even at full price it is still a bargain when compared to some other products.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

And – I’m not a staff of Serif or in any way connected to them (other than by a license contract for Affinity Designer) – but yeah, there will likely be another time with promotional discount. But it’ll take a while, I guess. So if you can’t wait another year then just buy it at the regular price and be happy that you’re doing something good.

by upping the price the VERY NEXT DAY WITHOUT A WARNING?

It wasn't "without warning" - Affinity made it very clear indeed, across numerous channels, that the lower price was a temporary introductory offer - they actually called it a "Launch Offer".

And every third party website that mentioned AP's release also made it clear that this was a time-bound offer.

Not being a jerk at it, but even at full price it's astonishing value for money. Well worth the extra $10.

Keith Reeder

It was not a "try then buy offer".  It was a special price for the "launch" of the new version.  I received lots of warning that the sale was ending...to the point of being pestered.  I ended up buying it the last day of the special because I knew it was ending and Im hooked on Affinity.  Honestly, with a regular price of only $50, I seriously doubt Serif needs to even offer special pricing to lure people away from the high dollar and subscription competition.  I am just grateful they have given us a viable alternative at a price anyone can afford.  And it won't do any of us any good if we dime and nickel them out of business.

I missed the offer, even being an extremely active beta tester (of both tools) , for the mere reason I had outstanding (much more than usual) money waste during Christmas-New Year (not only in presents, wish it was just that...) and still, super mega happy for purchasing soon AP (AD is already "on my shelf") , as the regular price is the literal definition of a bargain ! (not that I don't have 50$, lol. Is a matter of "priorities" when money is tight)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Honestly I'm thinking myself that promotion or not it is like free actually. And I'm questioning long term development and support at this price regarding (good) quality of the actual version.

Sure it need lot of enhancement and refining here and there, but even a 200€ it would be a bargain. And even, maybe, look more serious for professionals.

It give a lot of hopes for many professionals seeing finally a real competitor to adobe and without this rental shit on top of it.

It now need to mature regarding lot of options and customization, and performance/bug fix to be production ready, but it is really close to the mark. For 40€, it's just a steal...

My 2cents

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3

ok, lets see the positive things of AP.  Its praiceworthy also for 49 € when the developper resolved some critical bugs. I hope this for 1.5.2 or higher. I bought also C1 a half year behind for 50 € but its only for Sony. The raw engine for all cameras cost 280 €. C1 is very stable and the raw engine is very good e.g. the colour editor but I can compare the 2 products. Some tools of AP are defenitely better than there in C1. For me AP is the best inventing since Photoshop but payeable.