7 hours ago, Mr.E said:

When will that be?

"When it's ready!" is the stock answer. The customer beta test has been in progress for quite a while now, so I'm hoping that the release version isn't too far away, but I'd be surprised if a new trial version were built immediately after that.

2 minutes ago, RaphLuna said:

mine has freeze issues too, when you work out the bugs, and have an update to install. how will we know it is available. Thank You :)

When you run the application, it will tell you there is a new version available. Also, social media channels will promote it, as well as posts here on the forum.

I see a lot of postings here from January about AD freezing and not responding - yep, that's exactly what my version [1.5.3.69] is doing today, 06 Sept 2017...

I realize everyone has a different computer and programs will crash, not respond, freeze-up, etc., etc. but it seems, in just perusing this forum, there seems to be a lot of issues with the program freezing-up and not responding... My AD just now stopped responding and after about 5 minutes - looking in this forum and typing this out - an "Unhandled Exception" message just now popped up on the screen...

"An Unhandled Exception has occurred and the application cannot continue. The Crash Reporter will be displayed after the application exits.  Code: 0x80004003"

I filled out the crash report so hopefully someone in the Serif tech department will read it...

I'm late to the game here, so hopefully there is some sort of fix or work-around for this program stopping issue I am currently experiencing...  I need the program now and cannot rely on it if it keeps locking up on me... :(

ScootCoot - i would suggest trying new beta, its lot more stable. Only drawback is that you will not be able to open 1.6beta saves in 1.5.

Thanks for the response, grapher - appreciate it...  I'm curious about this "beta" thing - I don't recall seeing an email in my inbox as to a "beta" version replacing the one I purchased, nor was there the usually "new update available" when I opened the program...  Am I correct in understanding that the version I purchased, installed and kept updated is now in the trash bin...?

I downloaded and installed the "beta" version today...  I hope there will be email notices in the future for new versions and/or at least a notice when I open the program that there is a "new" or "beta" version available to replace what I have installed on my machine... :/

yepp, it will tell you "new beta available for download". By the way, I worked all day with beta 82 without lag or freeze problem. 

12 hours ago, ScootCoot said:

Thanks for the response, grapher - appreciate it...  I'm curious about this "beta" thing - I don't recall seeing an email in my inbox as to a "beta" version replacing the one I purchased, nor was there the usually "new update available" when I opened the program...  Am I correct in understanding that the version I purchased, installed and kept updated is now in the trash bin...?

I downloaded and installed the "beta" version today...  I hope there will be email notices in the future for new versions and/or at least a notice when I open the program that there is a "new" or "beta" version available to replace what I have installed on my machine... :/

The beta doesn't replace the product, it's a preview version of an upcoming release that is available to people who have already bought the product in order to test out new features, and report bugs to us. Eventually the beta will be officially released, and the original version will give you a prompt saying it's time to update.

Thanks for the response, Mark... Yes, I do know that... It just seems there was no "heads up" about AD 1.5.3.69 being relegated to the trash bin and a new beta was available in the meantime until a new version of AD is sent out to paying customers...

Evidently the coding of the newest beta version lacks any way of inserting the product key so I am stuck until I can either get the beta version to work or just waiting until the new version is available... I probably won't know it is available until I open the program and a pop-up indicates there is a newer version available to replace my purchased installed one...

I don't have the time to hunt through the installed files of the program I purchased to find the file that the beta version is looking for so I don't get the "invalid product key" popup that closes the program once click the OK button...

In the meantime I will just use my Paint.Net program... It's not as well endowed like AD is but it will do in a pinch...

On 08/09/2017 at 11:26 PM, ScootCoot said:

there was no "heads up" about AD 1.5.3.69 being relegated to the trash bin and a new beta was available in the meantime until a new version of AD is sent out to paying customers...

Hi, the beta isn't an update to the existing program - it's a way of people helping test the latest features before they're available to all customers. It shouldn't be seen as an update to the 1.5 version. The latest version is 1.5.3.69, so it's certainly not in the trash bin.

On 08/09/2017 at 11:26 PM, ScootCoot said:

Evidently the coding of the newest beta version lacks any way of inserting the product key

The customer beta should check for an existing product key, if you already have the full release installed. If you don't, it should prompt you to enter your product key.

Thanks, Patrick and the AD team, for the latest update on the beta version of Affinity Designer - it is appreciated...!  Personally, I think I will wait until the latest version goes from "beta" to "final" non-beta... :)

Carl

Edmonds, WA

U.S.A.

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We are no longer experiencing this issue in the last few beta builds.

Excellent news! Thanks for all the hard work! I can imagine it was tough to track down the root cause of this issue.

I can see i'm not the only one having this issue. I will echo what everyone else is posting.

I am able to work for about around 10 min at a time and then the slowness and freezing start... the only way to get it back running properly is to fully close the app and load it back up again. I love Affinity designer, but sadly i had to go back to my old vector program just so i can actually finish my project. 

Please fix this. this is not a small bug that we can work around. its affecting people productivity. and removing me from my creative flow.

Please Fix! 

Personnaly I never had this problem with Designer.

If you look at the date of the post just before yours.... it goes back a while ago. It appears to be fixed since December 2017. But maybe it came back recently.

14 hours ago, Mrdrey said:

I can see i'm not the only one having this issue. I will echo what everyone else is posting.

I am able to work for about around 10 min at a time and then the slowness and freezing start... the only way to get it back running properly is to fully close the app and load it back up again. I love Affinity designer, but sadly i had to go back to my old vector program just so i can actually finish my project. 

Please fix this. this is not a small bug that we can work around. its affecting people productivity. and removing me from my creative flow.

Please Fix! 

I suggest you make a new thread detailing the issues you're experiencing, as we believe the original issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved (this thread is from 2017).