Hi There,

I'm having the same problems. I tried the control down thing but didn't really help. Definitely doing it every time I try to copy and paste an object, change colour of an object, select anything about an object, select text, edit text. Will keep an eye on other things that trigger it. Making programme impossible to use. Really like it and don't want to move to Adobe illustrator but time is precious and it is taking me hours to do 10 minute jobs.

Please help!

I work on multiple devices with windows (pc and dell inspiron). On all the same problem. I mostly work with files bigger than 100mb (brandbooks, web sites ..). I also tried to rasterize pictures and reduce file sizes as much as posibble (or as i knew). I have to restart Designer every half hour to make it work at all. On start program works good, after some time designer becomes slower and slower. Anytime freezeing 5-10 seconds or just start laging every click :(

Im wondering, how many paying clients you need to start working on such critical problem? We are simply unable to work with your product.
And after months of waiting, i would really appreciate a solution from your side. Professional solution, not "have you tryed to turn it on and off again?"

Im now really sad panda.

Same here - Affinity Designer extremely unresponsive on Windows 10, even when performing light tasks (such as moving a simple vector shape or using the text tool). Hardware: P51 with 2.8GHz QuadCore i7 (7th gen.), 4GB Quadro M1200 GPU and 16GB of dual-channel RAM. File size is 200 MB. At work I use AD on a Mac and it works fine ... It's back to Adobe Ilustrator, I guess?

sadly, noone from serif cares about clients. Im very disapointed about their approach. Firstly i was really happy about having at least some competition to adobe, but more i used it, more i understood its still early beta with zero support.I strongly recomend not buying this piece of software.

On 28/07/2017 at 9:19 PM, grapher said:

Hello, anyone there? Devs? 3/4 of year without solving this critical problem? 

Yes, we are here. The problem with solving this "critical problem" is that we can't actually reproduce this internally, even though we have machines with the same system specs in the building. Our minimum specification is a Core 2 Duo, and on the test machine, it still runs absolutely fine.

We need your help to solve this issue - perhaps you could record a video of the slowdown you're experiencing so we can see what it looks and feels like? Have you tried the latest Customer Beta? Is that any different? I can enable more logging in the beta which we could potentially use to identify slow downs. What about other pieces of software you have installed? We've had issues with other software affecting the Affinity applications. What anti-virus / anti-malware applications (if any) do you have installed?

Hi Mark, 

thanks for response.   

- my setup is +- still the same - core i7-5960x, 32G of ram (was 64), AMD core 2 duo graphics card, m.2 system ssd, sata ssd for data.

- its my work station, so i have really many apps installed :). aswell hw key for software - rhino 3d.  (dont know if it may cause something....)
- Back 3/4y no antivirus, now trustport antivirus. 

Ill try the latest beta available deeply tomorrow, maybe record video and let you know. If you can build some deeper logging beta, would be great.

6 minutes ago, grapher said:

Hi Mark, 

thanks for response.   

- my setup is +- still the same - core i7-5960x, 32G of ram (was 64), AMD core 2 duo graphics card, m.2 system ssd, sata ssd for data.

- its my work station, so i have really many apps installed :). aswell hw key for software - rhino 3d.  (dont know if it may cause something....)
- Back 3/4y no antivirus, now trustport antivirus. 

Ill try the latest beta available deeply tomorrow, maybe record video and let you know. If you can build some deeper logging beta, would be great.

Which AMD card have you got? The Core 2 Duo is an Intel CPU.

Other than that, your system is very similar to mine. I'll look at adding some extra logging. Please let me know how you get on with the Customer Beta.

So, finally had time for some tests etc... 

firstly, i would like to show you why i call it critical bug - its very frustrating if you see this 3x per minute. Ideally with customer on the skype share screen :)

https://youtu.be/VT655v-rxsk

in photoshop - no problem, no freezes in MUCH larger documents.
This was just +- 60MB file with <1000 layers in all artworks, +-100 per artwork.  

now to current situation - last time i checked was some 4weeks ago, when i simply in really bad mood deleted the work and started from scratch in photoshop, because it was every 10seconds. Today i updated to crimson drivers 17.7.2  (from drivers +-3months old ) and i must say its getting significantly better - so it might be acceleration-drivers-related (ill see it in real work, but freezes ocure +- once per minute or two )

In last release of affinity designer beta (.72) is it even better and i saw no freeze so far... 

So im looking forward to new production release and i hope it will solve this bug forever.
Is there some E.T.A. for 1.6 so we can start client work in it ? 

I am having the exact same experience as everyone else here (constant freezing when just doing minor things like moving items). I am using the latest trial version. If this is the state of this app currently, why would I ever buy it? I guess I'm back to Adobe. To bad, I was hoping for much better. :(

Windows 10, 32GB RAM, Quadro K2200, Intel i7-6900K.

Any news about this issue? Are the developers actively working on it or have they turned a deaf ear to this? I'm really disappointed with the support on this issue. Makes me not want to invest in this software. But I hope there is a fix soon, or that a developer will respond to this issue and give us some sort of status report (I don't know if they are even reading this :( ).

2 hours ago, Mr.E said:

Any news about this issue? Are the developers actively working on it or have they turned a deaf ear to this? I'm really disappointed with the support on this issue. Makes me not want to invest in this software. But I hope there is a fix soon, or that a developer will respond to this issue and give us some sort of status report (I don't know if they are even reading this :( ).

If you look through this thread you will see several posts from myself, and I'm the lead dev on Windows. So yes, we are reading this.

Can you post a video of your experience, and upload the document that you use so we can try to reproduce it. The problem with this freezing issue is, we can't reproduce it internally, which would seem to indicate a conflict with another piece of software on your machines.

Have you tried the latest beta?

I must say, that i dont have at the moment so much time to test it deeply, but in latest beta there was no freeze, when i tryed to reproduce it. I have to work a bit longer on some project to definitely say its OK, but at least it is less occuring. 

By the way - Mark, i would, on your place as dev leader for win, vote for some ticket system for customers. So we dont need to talk about it in most-readed threads to at least get some attention ;) 
May i ask you aswell about the rotation of the points? i think its just bug that you cannot simply rotate the selected points even in the dialog .... - its grayed for me. If it is so much time to add bounding box with handles, i can understand that, but at least enter numeric representation of angle would be fair.

6 minutes ago, grapher said:

May i ask you aswell about the rotation of the points? i think its just bug that you cannot simply rotate the selected points even in the dialog .... - its grayed for me. If it is so much time to add bounding box with handles, i can understand that, but at least enter numeric representation of angle would be fair.

Hi grapher, it's on the list of things to implement, but it's not been done yet.

any E.T.A on this point? its there for a more than 1.5y and i dont think its so complex thing to be there for so long :-) to be honest, i would even pay some money for this feature. 

15 minutes ago, grapher said:

any E.T.A on this point? its there for a more than 1.5y and i dont think its so complex thing to be there for so long :-) to be honest, i would even pay some money for this feature. 

No ETA yet, but I will try to get to it soon... sorry I can't be more comital - I'm just in the middle of a number of other things so don't know how it will all pan out...

Hello mark and thanks for your reply. I was using the latest trial version of Affinity Designer, but now my trial has expired and can no longer do any testing. So, unless I am able to get another trial of the latest beta, I cannot respond to your request. And until I am confident that this problem is resolved, I will not be buying your software. So, if you want me to continue with this, please provide me with another trial period.

Where would I get the latest beta version?

Thanks.

On 19/08/2017 at 11:53 PM, Mr.E said:

Where would I get the latest beta version?

You can't, unfortunately. The beta versions are customer betas only, so a beta build will not install without the product key from the retail version. The trial version will be reset after the 1.6 retail version is released, so that potential customers can try out the new features.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.2.174 • Designer for iPad 1.8.2.4 • iPadOS 13.3.1 (iPad Air 2)