You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color saturation after Export

Hi,

I am experiencing color difference after exporting a photo from AP - Exported jpeg is more saturated.

It happens with retail version as well as with the latest Beta.

Photoshop and Lightroom exported files work as they should.

Please see attached screenshot.

Laptop with Win 10 64bit, Nvidia GTX 850M, 16GB RAM.

post-45914-0-48322000-1483813919_thumb.png

• Staff

Hey triton1970,

Can you tell me what document settings you are using in Affinity and Photoshop as well as the export settings including what profile you are using from both apps. I can clearly see a difference so I can only imagine we have slightly different settings across the two apps. Cheers. 

Hi Chris,

I think my post is a bit confusing, please forget photoshop and lightroom part and let me explain it again. (English is not my mother tongue but I will try my best)

The above photo (in my first post) on the left is what I see in Photo Persona within AP after all adjustments I have applied to it. The photo on the right is the same photo simply exported from AP as Jpeg so it should look exactly the same as the one on the left. As you can see for some reason the exported jpeg is more saturated.

I am Exporting photo like this: File ---- Export ---- JPEG (within Export Settings)

I attached Develop settings screenshot below as well.

post-45914-0-50268900-1483997669_thumb.png

• Staff

Hey triton1970,

On the Export dialog, there is an option for More which can let you change your ICC profile which can have an effect on how the exported file looks. Can you let me know what it is set to? Also, if you have the edited .afphoto file, could you send it to me so I can run some tests? 

Do you have wide gamut monitor ?

Is it calibrated ?

Which tool do you use to display exported image ? Is it color aware ?

Looks like a color profil conversion is missing at export.

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.