You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Another doodle. Mostly simple shapes in affinity design help create this guy.

Panda-Pete.png

Update:

Panda-Pete-_clothed.jpg

update: pixel brushes used to add some texture to his clothing and hat

Panda-Pete-daytime.jpg

The gradients on the leaves work really nicely, he has a good expression, too :)

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

..."if one more person calls me Mickey... I'm gonna %@^..."   ;)

nice job Ronnie

hahahahaha! Ohh man thanks! hahahah retrograde I going to have to play with that concept LOL! I am dying cause i did not see that at first hahaha!

Thanks guys!  I am glad to see you guys are enjoying this one as much as I am. Sunset brought up a good point in in another thread. It is nice to see some pixel based brush work mixed in with the vectors based stuff. So this one for you Sunset . :) I made a Custom made brush for the hat and robe.

Panda-Pete-daytime.jpg

Yes, the brush is nicely used to give him a warm coat for winter and a very snazzy hat - I like it all very much, just thinking that the panda is a undecided :) Cheers :D

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Guess who asked for a Bamboo tablet for his birthday: and ended up getting some stick instead. He's just gonna have to grin and bear it :lol: The words pandering to his affections, don't seem appropriate today.

I like his orange textured hat and the robe: reminds me of the late astronomer/broadcaster Patrick Moore...go on give him a monocle too.

5578323130_c978f35ebc_z.jpg

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Haha, glad you liked that comment Ronnie. And a custom image just for me, I'm honoured!

It was the round ears combined with the round head that did it for me before you added the hat... classic mickey, then his exasperated expression said it all.

I really like the eyes. There is some nice subtlety in the small gradients, makes a huge difference.

Peter: geez drum roll please..

MEB: Thank you sir!  I thought it brought a little more life to the drawing that would ended up being rather flat.

Retrograde: Yah his ears probably probably be decrease a bit. I don't know why I made them that big lol. Yah, I like the eyes. I working on different ways to create eyes. The eyes really are the windows to the soul of a character. I really breathes life into to a bunch of simple shapes! I think I keep adding to to this thread over-time  and develop him further.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...