You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Interesting results when changing colors for a SVG import.

Hi,

I'm importing some SVG files into Affinity Designer. . . and I'd like to change the color of them but it's not working so well.

I double click on them, and they open up in a new tab as an <embedded> object,... from there I get mixed results when attempting to change colors.

For some of the SVG elements there's no problem. . . but for others I can't figure out what's going on.

The most peculiar issue is how the 'a^2' part of the shortest equation can only be colored a shade of green... When I go in and try to change that color, no matter what I set the HSL color wheel too,... I can't get the base color to be anything other than green.

Other parts of this same equation don't have the same issue. 

----

Does anyone have an idea as to what's going on here?

I'm I being punished for bringing in math equations into the realm of Graphic Design software?

Color Test.afdesign

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi JimD,

Welcome to the forums.

I believe when you're adjusting the HSL colour wheel the Recolour Adjustment layer is still enabled, uncheck/hide this, then change the colour.

Another way is to Select the tst(export) one and chose Edit Document from the Context toolbar, which opens a new tab. Expand the layer, which then shows the a2 layer, expand and you can then double click on the Recolour Adjustment layer to reveal the dialog to adjust the Hue and Saturation. Another option is to hide the Recolour adjustment and select each of the curves and change the fill.