You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I've just created a Logo in Affinity Photo, using an Anchor Symbol along with some Text, using the fonts "Big Carlson" and "Baskerville" (I've manually added some fonts, but I think they are default fonts that come with Affinity Photo, right?). As the Logo will be shown on websites and probably printed, too, my question is: Do I need to buy a license for these fonts, or can I use them for whatever and wherever? If I need a License, where can I buy it? Would be great if someone could answer that.

LFF

If you are using a Mac, Font Book's Info panel provides brief licensing/copyright info for any selected font, & usually a method for contacting the owner.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I'm assuming you meant  Big Caslon

Here's the copyrights for that font:

Big Caslon Medium; 10.0d2e1; 2014-05-30

Copyright © 1994 Carter & Cone Type, Inc. All rights reserved.

The digitally encoded machine readable software for producing the Typefaces licensed to you is the property of Carter & Cone Type, Inc. and their licensors and may not be reproduced, used, displayed, modified, disclosed or transferred without the express written approval of Carter & Cone Type, Inc.

"Big Caslon" is a Trademark of Carter & Cone Type, Inc. which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.

And here's the copyrights for Baskerville

Digitized data copyright Monotype Typography, Ltd 1991-1997. All rights reserved. Monotype Baskerville\u2122  is a trademark of Monotype Typography, Ltd which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.

Monotype Baskerville™ is a trademark of Monotype Typography, Ltd which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2