You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cheatsheet

10on12

• Staff

Nice Work Indeed! :)

Documentation Bug:

There's an extra Pan Tool in there that points to 'V' underneath the Zoom to Pixel Size. I will let our documentation guys know about that.

Some hidden one:

If you have multiple documents/views opened in tabs then:

Control + Tab = Show Next Document/View

Control + Shift + Tab = Show Previous Document/View

Mouse Wheel + Shift = Increase/Decrease value by tens

Mouse Wheel + Option = Increase/Decrease value by tenth

Shortcuts that will be in the next beta:

Control + Command + F = Toggle Full screen

TAB = Toggle UI Visibility

Wow, looking forward to that "TAB" shortcut, command -shift-H isn't as intuitive or as easy to perform... ;)

...is there a technical reason customizable key shorts hasn't been implemented yet or is it a "keeping your options open" for the other 2 apps to follow reason?

Just curious. I am a professional illustrator and really miss that ability right now in AD.

- Oh and cheers 10on12 for the key sheet!

Totally understood Andrew... I can imagine there's some serious behind the scenes magic involved.  I will patiently wait for that announcement.  :)

Still loving the app and trying to "sneak" it into my real world daily work as much as I can... 

And I thought I was the only one actually reading the help section lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick (very) Cheatsheet of the available shortcuts.

This is lifted straight from the "Help" section.

For those who like to pin it to a physical wall - might help a few people get up and running.

Thanks You Sir!

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/3621-affinity-designer-shortcut-techniques-video/

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Holidays to All..

I have a question/comment; 

Have you heard or use KeyCue?

I use "KeyCue" for my 'Keyboard Shortcuts' cheatsheet on the fly, it is a nifty application, that is when you hold down a hot key (Command in my case) it shows you the cheatsheet for the application you are running at the time as well as the Mac OS. KeyCue has an Open Interface, that can connect the applications code of let us say Affinity Designer’s to their application shown in this document interface specification (PDF). This is for an extended set of Keystrokes.

I must admit it can be done by importing the keystrokes file list in KeyCue, but it would much better if Serif could check it out and see if it can be included in a future releases. 

I love KeyCue it is real cool scriptable Themes too, check out their demo..

They are supporting it both ways, so it great if there is something you what to make for other non-supported apps, the community has built Adobe and Maya cheatsheets available on their website already to load in.

Barry

@BJC7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Look at this...

Try the new app Affinity Designer". It's literally the best use of Modifier keys I've seen for drawing vectors. Light years ahead of Adobe products.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6950219#6950219

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111