You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Bleeding" edges of photo ?

Not sure if that's the right terminology---it's not exactly vignetting---but is there a way to "soften" the edges of a photo so they sort of bleed into the page? I have viewed most of the  Affinity tutorials,  but don't remember seeing one the showed how this might be done. 

Watched the video---but I can't see to get it to work with my image, so I must be doing something wrong, or misunderstanding something essential. I  imported my image into Affinity, then placed a rounded rectangle over it  (as though I were making a border)  and got that placed behind the image, and added a new fill layer---which the video didn't mention---it just showed an image on a black ground, and I need an off-white one to blend with the page color of the book I'm making---but when I tried the Gaussian Blur effect, nothing happened. What detail am I missing?  

It's especially nice for some of  the  black & white drawings I use in my books, which I also tone towards sepia  to warm them up, by changing the white balance---the bleed effect is very appropriate. Is it possible to also add an inner or outer glow withe gaussian blur effect?  I tried, but the effect seemed negligible, even with color. I can live without that, since the blur effect is sufficient---but it's fun to experiment. ( Have just discovered some fabulous things I can do with the mirror filter, to create page embellishments, etc. ! )