You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.5.1.51

The cursors for the text tools at 100% scaling still have a crosshair which is almost invisible against the default background. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

It was more of a question with possible refund. I did not know to what email address send it, that is why i choose affinityreturn. I will resend that email to you then.

OK. Just before I went home yesterday I saw an issue from 3-4 days ago forwarded by affinityreturns@serif.com to the support team that had fallen through the cracks, perhaps it was yours. I assigned it to a team member to be given high priority. Whether or not this was yours I will have your issue addressed on Monday. Your returns period will be extended as we seem to have failed you here.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hello,
the Affinity Photo 1.5.1.51 (Beta) works without problems. It still remains a big problem. Opening an NEF file (6036x4025px, 24.26MP from Nikon D5200) takes 28 seconds. The software is not yet suitable for professional use in this area.

install went ok, all working nice, great job ! Still lot to add/enhance to make it production ready, but it's going on ;-)

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3

Bei mir läuft gar nichts. Installiert, deinstalliert und wieder installiert, kurz bevor es sich öffne sollte der Fehler, dass es nicht geht. Ich bekomme die ...51 somit NICHT installiert, keine Ahnung warum ... ??

1.5.1.51 beta was constantly crashing on startup for me

installed before:

1.5.1.47 beta

DAUB Blenders.afbrushes

DAUB Concept Tools PRO.afbrushes

setting: English language (instead of German)

this worked for me:

- remove 1.5.1.51

- install previous beta (1.5.1.47)

- reset brushes (brushes get removed and there's an error message)

- reset user defaults

- remove beta 1.5.1.47

- install 1.5.1.51

Now it seems to work fine.

Bei mir läuft gar nichts. Installiert, deinstalliert und wieder installiert, kurz bevor es sich öffne sollte der Fehler, dass es nicht geht. Ich bekomme die ...51 somit NICHT installiert, keine Ahnung warum ... ??

Hallo,

bei mir läuft AP eigentlich ohne grosse Probleme.

Nur bei grossen Dateien, zb bei Panorama bearbeiten kommt schon mal die Meldung "Keine Rückmeldung", diese verschwindet nach ein paar Sekunden wieder.

Versuche mal die Beta 151.51 über die 151.47 zu installieren.

Win7 , 16 GB Ram, AMD CPU

Win7 HP 64 Bit, AMD Six-core 3.50 GHz, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Just a think, but maybe adding our configuration into forum signatures could help developers immediately seing it, and avoiding us repeating each time. Just done it, in case.

But please keep only a few lines, or forum will become unreadable with tons of vertical space waste in signatures ;)

Do you have any brushes installed? I had to reset the brushes in the previous beta before installing the new one - see my post above.

Just a think, but maybe adding our configuration into forum signatures could help developers immediately seing it, and avoiding us repeating each time. Just done it, in case.

Just as I have. I didn't put it to say "hay, see what I have" but to avoid additional questions about configuration in which the apps run.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Hi,

I post it as a new topic and I repeat it here.

If you don't check "Transparent Background" while opening new document, you can not see the page boudaries.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Hi,

I post it as a new topic and I repeat it here.

If you don't check "Transparent Background" while opening new document, you can not see the page boudaries.

Check your other post

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Please, never, never open a file at more than 100%. Having a preference option to always open documents as window would also rocks.

And in a document window, we don't need so much space around, make scroll bars going too much outside of the doc

• Staff

Hi Mbaechler, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Would you be able to type the issue you are having so we can translate it? I'm struggling to translate the handwriting in the screenshot. Thank you.

• Staff

No luck for my problem with Wacom still. :(

Btw. Mark Ingram, why do you (i means your team) don't respond to email at affinityreturns[at]serif.com. I know it was long holiday period, but its over now and as your client you should give me some answer.

Hi Rafal,

I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling with the Wacom brush lag, and that we've been unable to resolve the issues. I will get Customer Services to issue you a refund.

Kind Regards,