You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.5.1.51

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Performance and stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed automatic lens correction applying incorrect corrections
  • Performance improvement when panning
  • Changed keyboard shortcut for repeat filter
  • Fixed 'Failed to reset brushes' error in Preferences
  • Fixed changing the shortcut for Repeat Last Filter not being saved
  • Fixed unable to reapply last applied snapshot in Develop
  • Fixed Help not launching
  • Fixed renaming a palette selects a different fill
  • Fixed being unable to change Character Panel 'Positioning and Transform' values using keyboard
  • Fixed rename Tone Mapping preset category not reflecting correct name
  • Improved startup and shutdown performance

Hi Mark,

this beta xx.51 crashed immediately after installation. This is the first betacrash from AP on my PC, all other betas run fine.

I

After renaming the folder "1.0(beta)" , path: C:\Users\xxuserxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta) to old_1.0(Beta) AP beta

xx51starts up well. 

A crash report has been sended trough the program.

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

NVIDIA RTX 3090: Studio drv.

CPU I7-9700KF: RAM 64GB: &SSD

Monitor 4K

Microsoft Surface 8 Pro i7/16gB Win11Pro

Spoiler

I was successful in opening APh 1.5.1.50 after having started the beta with a Ctrl runup. I have since fitted a new SSD and HDD, and wanted to have a clean install so have been busy reinstalling software etc. I've just downloaded the .51 build and this has installed and started up perfectly over the .50 beta build I had installed.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Installed over .50 beta and no problem at all. Works fine so far...

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

strange..

I have just renamed the old_1.0(Beta) back to 1.0(Beta),

renamed the working folder before...

Now is this beta fine...running with all settings from before this update...

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

NVIDIA RTX 3090: Studio drv.

CPU I7-9700KF: RAM 64GB: &SSD

Monitor 4K

Microsoft Surface 8 Pro i7/16gB Win11Pro

Spoiler

Hmm, i downloaded the new build 1.5.1.51 and installed it. After install i opened an old project, than i got a white background. After opening other older projects, i ever got a white background.

After renaming %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta), i got a grey background (as expected) on opening a project.

Hi DarkClown

Are you able to give us some information on what it was exactly you were docking and where about you were trying to dock it to so we can look into this?

Thanks

Hi Chris, I had undocked one window of 4 open documents. When trying to drag this window back to the main program frame I got this unhandled exception.

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

It works fine to me.

And, thank you bringing back "Beta" sign on APh icon.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Working great so far, no issues.

One thing I noticed: now adding a Curve gets nested under the selected layer automatically. In the previous versions the default behavior was having the Curve added over the selected layer, which I think is more convenient.

Is this something you guys changed or a bug?

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Thanks for the new Beta :D

Small issue I've noticed, using the equirectangular live projection, panning around the image does not update the heading and pitch degrees. Clicking on either will snap the view to the last entered value.

Another issue I have found in all previous versions with regards to masking individual layers within a live stack,If I paint a smooth mask it treats the soft edges as though they are hard.

Thanks for new beta 1.5.1.51 and I have experienced no problems in it updating.

Loads fine but notice little improvement in start times,

Shut down time however is now BRILLIANT ! nearly instant.

thank you

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

No luck for my problem with Wacom still. :(

Btw. Mark Ingram, why do you (i means your team) don't respond to email at affinityreturns[at]serif.com. I know it was long holiday period, but its over now and as your client you should give me some answer.

• Staff

No luck for my problem with Wacom still. :(

Btw. Mark Ingram, why do you (i means your team) don't respond to email at affinityreturns[at]serif.com. I know it was long holiday period, but its over now and as your client you should give me some answer.

Sorry that you haven't heard back. Since Wednesday, we have had no backlog on affinityreturns@serif.com and all returns have been processed and replied to. Are you saying that you haven't been refunded, or that you have but we didn't inform you. Either way that is not normal. If you email me, pconnor@serif.com, with your order number, I will investigate what happened to your refund request.

If it was not actually a direct refund request but more of a support query, then it will have been passed on to out tech support team (on affinity@serif.com) but again we are almost up to date with those, so I can see about why you didn't hear back yet.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon