You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unique Capability in AP vs Photoshop

Hello all,

New user of Photo here. The first day I used it I was trying to fit my Photoshop workflow into AP and getting somewhat frustrated. But I realize that AP probably has many unique capabilities that PS doesn't and I should be leveraging a workflow that utilizes the best of AP.

As an example, I primarily am editing landscape photos and I've really liked the live preview on hover when brushing masks so you can see what's beneath before clicking. This is really great when merging multiple exposures to remove objects (when stacked mode is insufficient).

What other things do you find AP does better or has replaced a workflow in PS? I believe luminosity-based exposure blending via the blend modes might be one (to replace luminosity masks although AP does that too I believe).

Thank you!