You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush size controlled by middle scroll wheel mouse button

It would be nice to have the option of setting the middle scrolling wheel button of a mouse to "Change size of the brush". There is only possibility to change it to Zooming (or default scrolling), but changing the size of a brush is more needed... at least for me.

Thanks

Jindra

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

Professional Photographer based in Prague

Affinity Photo user - cur.ver. 1.7.1.404 @ Win 10

Yes, Pixelplucker, that would be also nice option, I agree ;)

Simply the message from me is that the brush size change (and Yours mentioned about Opacity) are the mostly used needs/clicks and so their optimization is very useful for us - users.... The default Up/Down movement of the photo is almost ridiculous, Zooming can be done easily by Ctrl - 100%, 50% or fit to the screen, but brush size.... clicking on the button, moving the slider and that even unclicking - that is really time vasting :(

But having the option - to set it in Preferences satisfying everyone needs - that would be wonderful :)

Thanks

Jindra

1.5.0.45 @ Win 10

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

Arangast, thank you for mentioning this possibility  :)  It is maybe a little bit faster than clicking on the slider, however still not that comfortable and precise as mouse wheel. Also these brackets are not very quickly searchable on the keyboard.... and at last I have only left hand on the keyboard while retouching/editing and these brackets are on the right....

My notice is more about the option for personal settings/preferences. I have used the mouse wheel for this task for some time and it still seems for me to be reasonably useful.

I do also like Pixelpluckers "Tablet-like" usage. So what I am opting for is the preferences setting of personal choice.

Thank You Arangast and Pixelplucker for contribution to this topic :)

Jindra

@ Win 10

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz