richardtrammell

Installation Affinity Designer 1.5.1

I just purchased Affinity Designer 1.51 for Windows and ran the installer from the desktop and installation went fine. I launch the application and I'm presented with the Affinity Design Featured Work Screen and then choose New Document. The app opens with a blank art board and absolutely no UI or menus nothing. Help please.

I've attached a screen shot so you can see exactly what's happening.

Thank you!

post-48248-0-38825700-1483661635_thumb.png

Hi TwinSnakes007,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently the latest Affinity Designer retail version (which you can download from the Affinity Store) is 1.5.1.43.

The latest Affinity Designer Customer Beta (which you can only download from this forum) is currently expired. A new one should be out soon.

Currently the latest Affinity Photo retail version (which you can download from the Affinity Store) is 1.5.0.45.

The latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta (which you can only download from this forum) is 1.5.1.54

Hi TwinSnakes007,

Yes, the installer doesn't have the build (.43) in the executable name but the file is always the latest/most up to date version available. If you right click the executable file, select Properties from the contextual menu and change to the Details tab you can see the full file/product version.

Thanks for your help.  

The Affinity store says "1.5.1.51" is available for Download, once downloaded, the actual installer name says it is the  "1.5.1.51" version, so it appears as if there is an Upgrade to be installed, when actually there is not.

Can you see how this would be confusing to the average customer?

I uninstalled, downloaded, and reinstalled 3 times before posting here in the forums.