You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Median blur - several strange issues.

Checking this filter  I've done an assumption, that median blur is implementation of one of a "classical" 2-d median filter algorithms.

My first observation:

Filter's slider shows values with one decimal position accuracy. What does "1,7 px" radius mean? It looks like program truncates (or performs round operation), but here is little confusion.

My second observation:

Preview of the resultant image with scale different than 100% is little weird. When this scale is eg. 75% then median with "0px" diameter shows some changes in the image preview (aka "after"). Considering my assumption, "0px" should not change the image at all. And in fact, it does not, but preview does - I can see some subtle changes in preview (something like "pixelization" of edges etc.) that are vanishing when "0pix" filter is applied (image looks like not modified). 

Is it bug or only my program? I can replicate this issue with latest beta an production version, regardless thevcolor model (checked RGB/8, RGB/16, CMYK).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.