You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Which graphics tablet part 2?

Hi guys

After asking for advice about a suitable graphics tablet for use with AP I had decided on a Intuos pro medium but can`t seem to get hold of one anywhere, they must be that good that everywhere seems to have sold out so plan B - which others tablet could be recommended please?. Wireless would be nice, medium size and the useable area less than the total area would also be good (if that makes sense?) as one I`ve borrowed (Intuos 3) the pen keeps getting stuck in a groove on the right hand side of the tablet surface when using the software sliders.

thanks

Steve

I don't know where you are, but Best Buy has that model on sale right now.  I believe you can order it online.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=intuos+tablet&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

B&H has it in stock at the same price, also available online.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1002451-REG/wacom_pth651_intuos_pro_professional_pen.html

Happy hunting. :)

Sorry, Steve, but I'm not aware of the overseas shipping costs. I think B&H has a toll free line, and they can certainly tell you what it would cost. If you would like, I'd be happy to call them for you. Just let me know where in the UK you are located, and I'll forward the info to you.

...or you can contact them on their website. They are really good about customer support, before and after sales. I know they would gladly answer any questions you may have. I get all my photo-related gear from them,and have always had great service.

While has not the non active border space that you wish, and lacks some pro features (but seems less limited than bamboos or graphires ever were), to me is way more than enough for illustration (as always mentioned, a medium size will need some more stabilization for inking line art, but you know that) work a Intuos (non pro) Art Medium. That one I believe I've seen on Amazon. Is the thing I recommend everyone...unbeatable price/what it provides. I dunno if there's wireless version, as I always run away from wireless and/or touch versions.  Is around 200 bucks, 190 and sth, I believe. The right price, imo, and great for the space it occupies, I believe is less chunky than the one of this size in the pro line...

PD: Intuos 3 was such a jewel.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.