You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perspective/distort

I really need to explore Affinity Photo's warp functions more, and I don't think I knew about the live perspective filter. I am so use to Designer. I will say, however, that I do miss Photoshop's puppet warp. I don't know if there would be an alternative workaround to have objects or a selection actually bend. For example, to make a person standing straight look like he's in a fetal position.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• Staff

Hi bleduc,

The closest tool we have to the Puppet Warp command in Adobe Photoshop is  Affinity Photo Deform filter under menu Filters ▸ Distort ▸ Deform. Photoshop’s implementation is more advanced/powerful so don't expect the same level of control but it may be useful for basic adjustments. Click over the image on canvas to add control points.

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love this feature in Photo but I wish it was in Designer.  Please move this to the top of the list in Designer.  Let me give you a real world scenario.  I want to create a box and put the label I designed for it.  Certainly I can create the box in Photo and create the sides and shade and add noise.  But once I'm in Photo the vector looks pixellated and I can't create the effect I want with the inked-in look that I want (adding blend types and noise etc).   So right now I am forced to do this type of thing in Illustrator.