You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Another BJ

Aeros4

WOW. What a stunning image. Just lovely. :)

Thank you RamaBot. There is room for improvement with the composition. I will post the second edition soon. Thanks again for your generous comment.

Cool take of the bird, really… but may I point out that:

— the sky has a warmer WB than the bird?

— the cirrus formation would contribute better to

the composition if flipped horizontally?

— if the bird is that sharp on the take, the clouds

should not be?

I think you're up to something good Aeros4!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

I think you missed "in my opinion" from that post, Kodiak...

You're overly fond of telling other people what you think they've done wrong (couching your opinion as fact) when - based on what I've seen of your work - you're really in no position to lecture others.

I let it go when you did it to me, and I don't need to see it in every other post with a bird in it...

Keith Reeder

I think you missed "in my opinion" from that post, Keith...

You're overly reacting… "in my opinion"!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

Gentlemen;

This forum has so much potential for us all to learn from each other. Some here have a great deal of experience as professional shooters others have less. I was teaching an adult night-school class in fly tying and I used the school gym to demonstrate fly casting.It was a very interesting experience given all the individual personalities. One of my students did a show and tell with some of his samples, his work was so good, mine paled in comparison. I asked him to describe his work flow for the class, thus the teacher was tutored by his student

It really doesn't matter where we draw our knowledge from, it matters most what we do with it. Just as important is our willingness to share with others what we love most.  Let this pass gentlemen for the sake of this forum and the goodwill it will generate over time. I don't mean to preach and hope I didn't sound so. Thank you Kieth for your generous comments, I do appreciate it as I appreciate Kodiak's  constructive critique. I will take a look at Kodiak's comments and post the results. I'm not happy with the overall comp., on this version and plan a major PP effort, stay tuned.

Being new here, I'm not aware of any 'person dynamics,'  but since we are off topic here's my take on it.  If I post a photo, I automatically assume, and would  like CC on it.  I'm sharing to, well, share, but to also learn.  So if someone points out, 'hey, it's not really a good idea to have a tree growing out of  the person's head in a portrait,' then I would learn something and therefore (hopefully)  look for it on my next shot.  And other things like, 'a vignette would help draw attention to the subject,'  then that's something I'd at least try.

That does not mean to take all suggestions as gospel, but it can possibly open new avenues.  It gets a little more tricky when it comes to stylized images as so much of that is totally subjective, but even then trying out something new that might be suggested could shed light on the editing process.

This above is said to Not get in the middle of anything, but to share my feelings on CC. In other words, feel free to CC my posts; that's how I learn.

Good that you shared your thoughts TwoRails, as with any CC you take what you believe is accurate and germane, then you can choose to do whatever you wish with what you don't agree with. I honestly don't want my post to get too far off topic and hope this is the point where we move forward as a sharing creative forum.