You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HISTOGRAM RESPONSE LAG

While using various adjustment panels I noticed that the histogram is not responding in real time. There is a significant delay between movement of a slider and the corresponding change on the histogram. In fact, I have to stop movement of the slider to allow the histogram to catch up. Is this a bug? I'm pretty sure it is not my system that is slowing it down. Is there a way to adjust the response time in preferences, or in some other manner?

I'm running AP beta 1.5.2. Please let me know if there is a more recent version available.

Thanks.

I have seen that as well, although it differs depending upon what Persona I am in.

If I load a raw image and adjust it in Develop Persona the histogram movement is immediate and I see no delay, but when I move to the Photo Persona and adjust using the adjustment layers I see a noticeable delay between a layer adjustment and histogram movement. If I use the Auto Controls I see only a small time delay.

I am using a Mini with an i7 chip and 16GB of RAM so I have always assumed the issue was the speed of my machine.

Here's what I am running. You'd think there should be no problem. 

Ha. That must be the equivalent of about 5 of my Minis!

Yes. You would think there would not be a problem. I'll try to remember your issues the next time I tell myself I should have bought a Pro instead of the Mini.  ;)

• Staff

I don't know if it is just me, but it actually feels a bit laggier on the Mac than on Windows so I see where you are coming from. Saying that, the issue I'm seeing doesn't sound as bad as what A. J. is describing. Any chance you can record a quick video for me? 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.