You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjacent thick & thin (or tapered) lines....

Is there any easy way to fix the attached problem within Designer?

Quite often I have a line with pressure applied making it thin out at the ends and another thicker line ending on the thinner line (quite often at an angle). Normally I have to draw a separate vector to fill in the gap at the corner.

Obviously if the thin store had a fill, I would put the thick line behind it and this wouldn't be an issue but I can't always do that.

Any ideas Affinity experts?

George

post-277-0-85091100-1416178928.jpg

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Thanks Matt, I'll look into that and see how that works. I was hoping that there might have been an option in Snapping where you could connect two lines like this and it would blend/fill in to give a seamless join bewteen the two strokes.

Is this possible?

George

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

• Staff

It doesn't know anything about the other stroke really when it's drawing itself so doesn't have the notion of whether the current pressure would cause it to stick out of one side of the other stroke when drawing it's own ends, if you see what I mean? If you wanted the ends to fit together neatly too, so that one stroke then went into the next one, then clearly that can be achieved - by joining the curves to make one, then adjusting the pressure profile to look how you intended, but it can't do it automatically and I can't think of any achievable way to do that at the moment?

:)

Thanks Matt.

Typically, the ends don't meet so they have to be seperate strokes. I thought that maybe the end of the thick stroke could snap to the thin/pressure stroke and then create an end state that tidied up the end of the thick one to look like it was merged. Makes things neat.

No worries, I'll try the round end cap. Failing that, I'll draw a wee fill to fill in the gap. No biggie.

Thanks for replying,

George