You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any plans for Affinity Designer to be able to export into Xaml format?

I'd love to purchase Affinity Designer, however, it doesn't solve the one problem that I need solved.  That is to export into Xaml format.  Xaml is the Visual Studio programmers version of SVG.  Solve that one, and I'm sure you'll have lots of developers and/or UX developers wanting a copy of this software.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 months later...

I am currenly using Adobe illustrator CC to export interface elements/icons to xaml for use in Windows WPF applications. When you add .xaml export to affinity designer I will switch to Affinity designer right away. I have to agree with Mike Allen. If you add that feature every windows developer will have a good alternative to illustrator to create vector icons and elements for applications. Major opportunity if you ask me. :)

• 3 months later...

I totally agree with this suggestion. For me, it would move Affinity up yet another league.

At the moment, I import vector graphics into Blend for Visual Studio by using Illustrator.ai files. That works perfectly OK up to Blend for VS2013, but Microsoft dropped the .ai import option for VS2015 and 2017, so I have to have 2 versions of Blend on my PC to do that.

What I'd like to do is to use Affinity for the vector work, export to XAML, to use directly in Visual Studio. At the moment it's only possible to export to .svg from Affinity, then use a 3rd party converter. That's messy, and all the SVG to XAML converters that I've tried give a much less perfect conversion than the method I currently use. So that leaves me with having to continue to use Illustrator.

So - please, Serif, think about giving this some priority? I think there are a lot of us who would love this extension to an already fabulous application. Maybe MS would sell the code, since they no longer seem to want it?......

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I wonder if using Expression Design for export purposes is any good considering that its develoment stopped years ago. Has anyone tried that yet?

Best regards!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

+1
Now I am having the same problem, need a good program to draw but export to svg is heavy overhead.
There still seems to be no possible way for a direct transfer into XAML or even "Microsoft Blend", even "copy as SVG" does not work ... sad ...

PLEASE implement it !!! :x

Edited by MBC

(Cant edit my previous post anymore)

Over 1700 views for this post, seems to be a lot of people are interested in this feature, compared to other requests.
Otherwise if you think it is a "very special" feature (only useful for programmers), would it be possible to get is as a "paid plugin" for some little extra bucks ?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Please add XAML export to Affinity Designer. It's really nauseating to export everything as .SVG only to open it in Inkscape to export as .XAML for use in WPF and in the new .NET. Since you already have a .SVG export why aren't you adding a .XAML export? It would make so many lives easier.
This thread is 4,5 years old, .NET and WPF despite being declared since 2009 isn't dead yet and won't be in the foreseeable future. Please implement .XAML export. Thank you!