You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move tool preview for better performance?

Hello.

Trying to make it easier to fit objects while moving around so I was wondering, is there a way of having a drag/move preview of the object? I don't know what the cause is at this point but moving vectors around creates a lot of tearing while rendering the square buckets.

One question in regard is: how much does the app use the CPU / GPU processing. I'm using afterburner for a test and it seems while all my CPU cores hit 90-100% when moving a single circle around an empty scene, the GPU is around 5-20%. I have selected my GPU as my renderer. Is this normal?

Core i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz    |     8GB Hyperx Memory      |      Radeon R9 270X     |    Samsung 120 SSD

Modern GPUs do such  wonders  with hi ress image processing  inside modern shaders  and GPU based renderers like Octane and Redshift, especially with modern 8gb video cards,  I am puzzled why we still don't have a full scale GPU based image soft.    I would tolerate some restrictions  here and there having an advantage of something working with a same speed of light , GPU renderers do. 

Modern GPUs do such  wonders  with hi ress image processing  inside modern shaders  and GPU based renderers like Octane and Redshift, especially with modern 8gb video cards,  I am puzzled why we still don't have a full scale GPU based image soft.    I would tolerate some restrictions  here and there having an advantage of something working with a same speed of light , GPU renderers do.

The developers have made clear several times that gpu is not very useful for photo manipulation mainly because the data is not just calculated once but has to be shifted between cpu and gpu and they can not create fixed processing pipelines like games can.

Sorry kirk but that is how it is

Maybe get the new AMD ryzen cause cpu matters most for affinity photo

Well,  I am not a coding expert, so can't be sure  but witnessed it by myself when seemingly impossible things, at least nobody believed possible, suddenly came true with a help of experienced game render/shader programmer.   Maybe they should hire someone from that industry and think about it one more time.  

Imo a modern 3d game is like an image editor where hundreds "live" effects are being applied on a composition of images   with a speed of 60 frames per second.

There is a number of things even random 3d soft  does much better than typical image soft.  Like image mesh deform for example .  I use it very often and while APoto has best mesh deform probably it nowhere close to even Blender real time possibilities and  doesn't work 'live' .      

So maybe some cross discipline thinking could do something new and innovative.   Sometimes I think that one day Blender may become best  image editing soft available with a help of  some crazy programmer, few addons and few tweaks here and there.