You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom Intuos problems (brush size/hardness setting not working/zooming)

Hi guys,

first of all, happy new year to everyone! :)

My problem is related to using a Wacom tablet with Affinity Photo (1.5.2. beta 2 right now).

When I try to change the brush size as I would do with my touchpad, or mouse (pressing Ctrl+Option and sliding the cursor up-down or left-right) on my tablet with the pen, nothing happens. It's like the feature is waiting for a click to activate, but I can use the tablet otherwise perfectly fine (as far as I've seen). Is there an option in AP to check, that I am using a tablet device for input, or something? I may have overlooked that.

----------

My second issue is with zooming, in Photoshop a handy way to zoom in documents is by pressing Command/Option+Space (both works, but Cmd+Space interferes with Spotlight or Siri) and dragging the mouse, especially when using a tablet. Is there an equivalent feature in AP yet, if not, are you planning to add it?

Thanks!

Regards,

Balázs

MBP 15" + iPad Pro 10,5"

macOS High Sierra 10.14 | iOS 13 | latest Affinity Photo & Designer & Publisher (and Betas)

Hi, furtonb:

Have you activated (clicked on) the pen pressure button on the context bar (the icon of concentric circles with the pen in it)?  Note that it is not available on some tools.

You can zoom using the ubiquitous Command+ +/- on the keyboard.

I hope this helps.

Happy New Year.

Hi, ajd1770,

Yes, I've tried activating pressure sensitivity, doesn't seem to alter this behaviour. I was wondering a checkbox where you can tell the program that you are using a tablet (in Cinema 4D, for instance, there is, and moving the sliders, panning etc. is slightly different)

Thanks for the zooming shortcuts, but my problem is the inability to zoom without moving my hand away from the tablet. There is a reason why you can navigate in 3D applications with your mouse/tablet without having to release it, it makes you faster. In Photoshop this is consistent, I can navigate through my canvas having one hand on the keyboard, the other one on the mouse/tablet, in Affinity Photo I can't (or I couldn't find it), and it is quite frustrating having to always move back to the touchpad/keyboard (the first one is a lot more intuitive for my taste) in order to change brush settings, or zoom.

Maybe it's just me, and others don't feel this way, but I would appreciate if the development would consider adding this feature to the program, it may seem silly, but would be a huge leap in productivity (for me at least).

Regards,

Balázs

MBP 15" + iPad Pro 10,5"

macOS High Sierra 10.14 | iOS 13 | latest Affinity Photo & Designer & Publisher (and Betas)

I am new user and have had to go to the latest Beta Photo because of stability issues. I have the same problem with both the Photo1.5.1 and the beta - there is no response when i try and change brush size, opacity on the fly. I have the pen pressure toggled on, have confirmed  my settings for both on the wacom also.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm also having some zooming difficulties.

I have a cintiq 22' touch and when I use the left slider on the back it works as a 'scroll' not a 'zoom'. I'd wish to have it work as a zoom. When I adjust the cintiqu to only 'zoom' nothing happens in Affinity. Is there something that can be done to adjust this? 

Thank you

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.