You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Two UX/UI issues with switching document tabs

Hi all,

there are two rather unpleasant issues with AD's document tabs behaviour:

1) when an embedded document (i.e. a SVG) gets open in a separate tab and then adjusted and closed, focus is given to the nearest tab, instead of being returned the original document, from which the embedded document was previously opened. That is quite unintuitive and leads to more searching and clicking on the document tabs.

2) if there is a lot of layers / groups / elements in the Layers pane and the document loses focus (i.e. user switches to different document tab) then after getting back to the original document, Layers pane shows the top layers, i.e. is scrolled to the top, instead of keeping its previous content's position. That's a little bit annoying because it often requires to scroll way back down to the layers / groups user was working with. In huge documents (one of mine contains 280 groups for instance) it's quite a chore.

Thanks for considering a fix ;)

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.