You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forum Guidlines?

TwoRails

Hi All.  I'm new here and looked for detailed forum guidelines but I must be looking in the wrong place and didn't find it.  I looked at a bunch of the submitted images and there's a lot of good work here, way beyond me. 

My main curiosity is, are the images open to comments and suggestions?  For instance, lets say you're looking at a photo and it's pretty good, but you think it's crooked.  Should you mention that it might look better if it was straightened? 

Thanks.

I don't get the sense that it's a Comment & Critique (C & C) forum, but a showcase for the capabilities of AP.

But I'd also suggest that anyone who posts a picture implicity invites comments over and above the actual intent of a forum like this one, so (because I don't believe there's a documented rule against it) have at it!

Keith Reeder

Yup +1

Anyone that wants to improve their work will always be open to suggestions, especially me, so I have no problems with someone offering alternative or additional advice on how they would have done what I did.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks for the replies :)  I didn't get impression it was a CC forum, either, so I asked.   Somehow I didn't mention part II and that is if/when I post something, I would like some CC -- not bashing, but suggestions on how to take/make a better photo.  I feel better from your comments.  What prompted me to post is from looking at a lot of the work that is posted.  One photo was a good photo overall, but it was very crooked which I felt distracted from the photo. 

Being brand new to AP, it'll be a while as I learn how to use it.  I've watched a handful of the tutorials but I have had trouble duplicate the results, meaning I'm missing simple things and need a lot more practice.  What I should do is one tutorial at a time, then practice it instead of watching a bunch then trying to remember it all later.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone that wants to improve their work will always be open to suggestions, 

Just for clarity though, some of us aren't posting images up because we're seeking to "improve" by doing so.

If I post a picture up, it's simply to demonstrate the quality of end-result that can be achieved using Photo, not to seek approval for the image, or opinions about what I could do better - especially as I've noticed that some of the forum members quickest to "critique" others are, based on the quality of the work they've posted up, the last people I'd seek advice from.

Keith Reeder

Just for clarity though, some of us aren't posting images up because we're seeking to "improve" by doing so.

If I post a picture up, it's simply to demonstrate the quality of end-result that can be achieved using Photo, not to seek approval for the image, or opinions about what I could do better - especially as I've noticed that some of the forum members quickest to "critique" others are, based on the quality of the work they've posted up, the last people I'd seek advice from.

Come on, Keith! Don't beat about the bush: tell us what you really think. :D

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)