You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD New Take on Multi-Page Documents

Reading the AD forums regarding the ability to create multi-page documents is unlikely to happen as this would be a feature for Publisher when it is released.  But what about the ability to export to PDF docs that are open in Designer to create a multi-page document.  I am working on a two sided and four sided spread and while building each page in Designer is relatively simple, getting the PDF's created for the print shop is a regal pain.

But if there was a PDF export option where would select "all open file" that would do the job as well as not infringing too deeply on the Publisher design goals. The same logic could also be applied to Photo as well.

Possibility?

MK

Just google at "Export Persona" on youtube or the AD videos and your prayers are answered.

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

Just google at "Export Persona" on youtube or the AD videos and your prayers are answered.

Well I have and tried all the settings and cannot find a way to do this.  So maybe you can point me in the right direction?

Here is my scenario which I somewhat described in my original post.  I have two Affinity Designer Files Open. The design is for a two page flyer. Affinity Image 1 is the front page, Affinity Image 2 is the rear (back page). Needs to be printed double sided and my Commercial Print Shop wants a single two page PDF.  I cannot find any settings where I can specify create PDF export from the currently open files Note Files not File I know I can export a PDF from a single open file.  

So if you know of a way to do this I am all ears.

My current solution is to export the files as Photoshop images. Open them both in Photoshop and use File/Automate/PDF Presentation and check use open image.  That creates a multi-page PDF - great, my job is done.  But I don't want to use Photoshop, I want to use only Affinity Products.  

Yes I have tried using Art Boards, but very time consuming and I have struggled to get Art Board that gives me the exact dimensions with bleed. Art boards I am guessing were not designed to handle print jobs but UI design for the web and mobile solutions.   Much more efficient to be able to export a multi-page PDF from open files in Designer. 

Thanks

MK

The only way I know to get around this so far in AD is create art boards at the size reqs you need and move each art piece into each artboard. Then select each artboard, press export, set the export features you need and instead of using "whole document" set it to "selection with/without background."

If their is a better way then I do not know. But the export functionality in AD and APh are far from press ready at this point in time

Why dont you just combine PDFs with Preview? Easy as haymaking. Or most printers can take separate PDF pages for that matter.

Exactly!

On the Mac open "Preview" add the page and your set.

Besides - its funny that a professional print shop is not able or willing to take two pdf's and print them accordingly front / back.

You should firmly stay with Affinity Designer but consider to change the print shop :-)

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

@MikekPhoto:

1. You can join the PDFs with Adobe Acrobat,

2. You can find an internet site where you can do that

3. You can open AD artboards with the document size + bleed size and inform the print studio about the bleed size.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)