You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On Dec 20, 2016 I purchased my copy of Affinity Photo (A-P). I made the purchase as this app appeared to be close to Photoshop CS6. I'm running A-P on a MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 processor with 8GB of ram. 

So far most of my time has been spent try learn how to navigate the toolbars. I looked, searched the tutorials for help but was left scratching my head. Biggest obstacle was getting a grasp on the concept of "persona" and what they do - phew!

I'm very used to using Bridge in PS CS6. I would hope Affinity would add this to A-P soon.

I'm an Aerial, Commercial, Jewelry, Portrait and Underwater photographer. As a result, I use a lot of batch automation for renaming, adding file info and watermarking my images before any individual file edits.

I finally realized I can't use a "macro" to add watermark text to images. A forum member lead me to creating a brush as a watermark. After 4 hours of work, I was ready to watermark my images.

​I loaded 8 camera raw images (approx. 27MB each file). This is when A-P came to a screeching slow down, this side of crashing. When I tried to run the macro, performance got worse. I figured it was time to quit and re-think my approach. I "tried" to close out my 8 raw files. I timed the file close process, It took 10 almost 11 minutes for my MBP to close out the 8 raw files. So here I am with about 5 hours of work into A-P and nothing to show for my efforts, other than learning a couple of things about navigating A-P. Seems like a long learning curve. I've never been diagnosed with a learning disability, so I must be just plain stupid - chuckle.

In bridge, this work would have done in 10 or 15 minutes including re-sizing images for upload to my blog. I really hope this learning curve will speed up a LOT or I'll be in trouble. I also posted a comment on A-P under "feature requests": https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/33054-affinity-photo-heres-a-source-for-new-features/

Again this is just feedback. I'll keep plugging at it.

PS- how about a "post" button at the bottom of this form. My only button choice is "Post New Topic". Thanks!!

MacBook Pro 15", Mid 2012, AP V 1.10.5