You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

More in depth use of Sources, Stacks & De-ghosting

Hello & HNY!

I have been experimenting with the stacks, focus merge and HDR/Tonemap modules and I have some questions.

I have stereographs that I have scanned and I want to merge them into a 3D-ish/HDR-type image. I have tried many different approaches but because they are just a bit off on the perspective and framing, I have a terrible ghosting problem. 

I like the stack blend methods and either Median or Average seem to give me the best blend but typically there are only two files to a stack. I would like to be able to use the de-ghosting tool from the HDR merge when using the stack module.

Is there a way to use the stack blend modes with the manual de-ghosting in the HDR module? I checked Live Alignment and added a Mask layer to each image but nothing seemed to show up. 

Using stacks is a very new thing for me as I only learned about it in an Affinity Photo tutorial video. Would greatly appreciate more information on using them. 

Thank you for your time! Have a great new year!

Lisa in Atlanta

Lisa Rose

Atlanta, GA