Alexis

Crash on pen tool

Hi Alexis,

I suspect this is fairly random as i've seen a similar post before, but never been able to reproduce it.

Have you changed any settings from default with the pen tool? Have you noticed it crash after performing any certain tasks with the pen tool, or after performing a certain task?

Any extra information you can provide to help us reproduce this would be useful.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Cristina,

After it crashes, could you please go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports and attach any crash dump that is in there?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi HenriTB

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you please follow Jon P instructions regarding crash reports / crash dump file so we can try to discover what's going on.

Then go to the %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Settings folder and delete the Commands.xml file (this file will be created again next time you run the app). It may solve the crash issue for you.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers! In the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports is a empty folder, no file in there. After seeing error, affinity, tells me to complete a crash report and I just skip that part and report the issus here.

However I erased the commands.xml file and it worked, now I can use the pen tool! Thanks again!!

After seeing error, affinity, tells me to complete a crash report and I just skip that part and report the issus here.

I never had an option to either complete or skip a crash report. The report for me would just complete on its own, but maybe that's why it's not showing in the folder. Confirm the crash, and then attach the report here so the staff can figure out what went wrong.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi,

Note attached is a Zip file (7Zip) with 3 crash reports for the same problem...

CrashReports.zip

Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

I was just browsing for similar subject to not make same topic twice and there you go... Yeah, Photo is crashing a LOT when I am using pen tool but so far I couldn't pin down a specific case - its at random. Last time it happened for me today but no crash report - for me Photo is simply closing. For now I just use Designer to use pen tool, if I get any crash report I will upload it here. Pen tool is one of my main tools...