You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Greetings - Oh, and Happy New Year......

I have a large collection of WMF's (which I got from Serif when I used their products. )Thy are not readable with Affinity.

They are too good to waste and now that I'm Mac orientated, I would like to convert these somehow into a format that Affinity recognises...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a conversion program - not too expensive - that can do the task?

I am not interested in the online conversion route.

Is EPS the best option to convert to?

Cheers

Mitcherooney

I have a large collection of WMF's (which I got from Serif when I used their products. )Thy are not readable with Affinity.

If you're using programs from the Affinity suite, you're still using Serif products. ;)

They are too good to waste and now that I'm Mac orientated, I would like to convert these somehow into a format that Affinity recognises...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a conversion program - not too expensive - that can do the task?

If you still have (access to) a Windows computer, you could use the free standalone version of the Metafile to EPS Converter included with LyX. Otherwise you would probably need to pay £15 or £20 for a converter which will run on your Mac.

Oh, and Happy New Year! :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Guys

Thank you for the suggestions. Exporting the files is problematic because they are on Windows. I have Parallels running.

The Metafile to EPS Converter does the job, but can only deal with one file at a time. I really need a batch converter...

I'll keep looking

Mitch

Just to round this off.....

I have found Pixillion by NCH software - there are Windows and Mac versions. I chose the Windows one (on a trial) and it does the job well. I decided to purchase the full program. The maximum batch size in the trial version is a mere five. A batch of some 20,000 is being covered as I write.....

The plan is to move the folder from Windows to Mac and make use of it there.

Thanks again, and I hope that if someone stumbles across this thread, the info is useful.

Cheers.

Mitch