RafaGCG

Where to send translation suggestions??

Hi RafaGCG,

I'll get that passed on to the translation team. Regarding the screen of Windows Explorer not showing TIFF, that is Windows behaviour when you have file extensions disabled. If you enable file extensions it will show *.tiff.

Sorry, my English is not good and does not explain me well.

When exporting any format. Always indicate exporting in layers.

It does not indicate the correct format, but saves it in the correct format.

The truth is that it seems to me that it is not a translation error.

In the example, I export to TIFF, it indicates affinity layers, but it generates a TIFF.

It may have to be this way and I misunderstand it.

Hi RafaGCG,

I'll get that passed on to the translation team. Regarding the screen of Windows Explorer not showing TIFF, that is Windows behaviour when you have file extensions disabled. If you enable file extensions it will show *.tiff.

Sorry, my English is not good and does not explain me well.
When exporting any format. Always indicate exporting in layers.
It does not indicate the correct format, but saves it in the correct format.
The truth is that it seems to me that it is not a translation error.
In the example, I export to TIFF, it indicates affinity layers, but it generates a TIFF.
It may have to be this way and I misunderstand it.

I see what RafaGCG is saying. The wording in the 'Guardar como' ('Save As') dialog is incorrect.

In the English version of the app, the Export Settings dialog has a 'Save Affinity layers' checkbox. When I press the 'Export' button, the dialog that pops up has "Affinity Files" or "Affinity Files (*.tiff)" displayed in the 'Save as type' control.

In the Spanish version of the app, the 'Opciones de exportación' dialog has a 'Guardar capas de Affinity' checkbox, as expected. When you press the 'Exportación' button, the dialog that pops up has "Guardar capas de Affinity" ("Save Affinity layers") in the 'Tipo' control.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I see what RafaGCG is saying. The wording in the 'Guardar como' ('Save As') dialog is incorrect.

In the English version of the app, the Export Settings dialog has a 'Save Affinity layers' checkbox. When I press the 'Export' button, the dialog that pops up has "Affinity Files" or "Affinity Files (*.tiff)" displayed in the 'Save as type' control.

In the Spanish version of the app, the 'Opciones de exportación' dialog has a 'Guardar capas de Affinity' checkbox, as expected. When you press the 'Exportación' button, the dialog that pops up has "Guardar capas de Affinity" ("Save Affinity layers") in the 'Tipo' control.

Ahhh yes, thanks for that Alfred, I shall get it reported

RagaGCG,

As Alfred mentioned in the English version this just says 'Affinity Files / Affinity Files (*.tiff)' The extension will appear if file extensions are enabled in Windows. However it looks as though the Spanish version is incorrectly using the string for that dialog as you've rightly pointed out. I shall get it passed on.

What this tickbox does is allow you export your file to TIFF but preseve the layers as Affinity data inside the TIFF. This means that when your TIFF is opened back in Affinity the layer data is preserved (which is not a standard part of the TIFF format).

You don't just click to pan, or to create or change selections. You have to click and drag (¿"arrastrar"?).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Para mover la vista, to pan the view, "click y arrastrar", as is actually a drag operation.

You can confuse Spanish users a wild lot if you put just "click" as a translation of drag (which would never be, as Click is not an Spanish word, but one adopted in tech lingo.)

Instead of "Copia Aplanada", you could better consider "Copia acoplada", same way as  acoplar capas is slightly better than "aplanar capas".

Not sure about why "paso" is better than "parada", up there. Sincerely, just not sure. And I agree, 'DRAG para cribar vista'  (cribar = filter, like Klondike gold miners did in its old west days....) is like those initial Japanese game translations ("All your base are belong to us", sentence which later on became mythical, used in t-shirts, lol...) . Still, I would put : "Clic y arrastrar para mover el lienzo" ( = Click and drag to pan the canvas. ). Or... "Click y arrastrar para mover la vista" -- > Click and drag to pan the view.

Actually....You know what? you can go ahead and eliminate "click". That status bar is already very crowded, you cannot cram so many words in there, think of the people running the app in small resolutions.... 

So, my proposal would just be , for example :

"ARRASTRAR + Botón derecho para añadir."  Is implicit that "arrastrar" (literally, arrastrar = drag)  means click and drag in this context, and also, that we are speaking about the mouse, IMO. As indeed, to explain it well you should put then "Clic con el botón izquierdo del ratón, y manteniendolo pulsado, presionar y mantener pulsado el botón derecho mientras desplazas el ratón, para añadir a la selección." (and even there, there's the permanent doubt of using the formal usted or tú, as writing style (not such an issue in other latin versions of Spanish other than Spain's, though. Anyway, all UI, of course, should be in the same style. ))

Lol.  Am serious, that's what would be correct.  You can trust on people's average understanding, and just put, IMO: " Arrastrar + botón derecho para añadir "

Please let me know (PM is perfectly fine) if someone needs help there for those status sentences, as well. (or any other)

If the user can't even manage with that, he/she will have more serious problems due to other reasons...

The other things I see above seem totally fine and spot on... kudos on helping the team with the traslation.

Dices que tienes algún problema con el inglés.... Si necesitas ayuda con algo de inglés, dímelo...

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

About a version not launched with your translations, please, do not be worried about that for a second. I worked at a software developer, and is super common that a newer version of the translations, is left behind just for habits, usage of a previous file version, a git commit left behind, who knows. I'm sure that when/if changes suggested here are approved -that's probably not instant, they surely have their process for that, at least checking with their translation team, so would also make sense if don't show up till some versions later-  they will end up in the UI, sooner or later. (of course, all of this is just my best guess, as much)

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Also, am not sure now, as I do  not have any of the apps launched, but pretty sure there's a better word than "Ãmbito"  for that Studio. There are many bits like that.

Typically none of these issues are show stoppers; people manage. Still, would give a better image, and help Spanish users for a much better experience. :)

( if it was what i remember it was, probably is better "Entorno" than "Ãmbito" , but I cannot launch the apps right now. Don't quote me on this, is a wild guess ;) ;) )

You don't just click to pan, or to create or change selections. You have to click and drag (¿"arrastrar"?).

Arrastrar = It is solely "drag", not including click,  but in my arguable opinion, is enough to put arrastrar, given the context and that you cannot make there sentences too long...

My point is that it is acceptable, even if some (very small group of) people might think "arrastrar" means there just move the mouse, with no click and holding pressed mouse button involved. IMO, those understanding it that way have very little general computer usage knowledge. They will be having issues with any help file in their whole Windows or Mac. I mean, rarely will be handling a software this specialized, anyway.

Thanks for the feedback. I see them all very successful.
Of the word "paso" I'm pretty sure.
Driving a camera:
F2 >> f2.8 = 1 paso
ISO100 >> ISO200 = 1 paso (step?)
A step involves a double or half change in the amount of light entering through the lens.
I hope all this helps to improve the translation. Regards!

aperture_diagram2.jpg

Arrastrar = It is solely "drag", not including click,  but in my arguable opinion, is enough to put arrastrar, given the context and that you cannot make there sentences too long...

Thanks: that's what I thought. In the English version, it just says "drag". (For some inexperienced users, even "click and drag" wouldn't be enough, because they don't know that "click" implies "left-click" unless you specify "right-click".)

Alfred online2long.gif