You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all, happy new year.

In video bellow, I show you how to use of a grey card in order to set the correct white balance to your RAWs photos. I used datacolor SpiderCube for my test.

As you can see in the video, AF has some bugs on Develop Persona and Preset tool.

https://youtu.be/-VuVsMGctfA

@Affinity team, please could you check the bugs on the video.

Regards.

Marco Vazquez

Sorry harrym, no sound on video, I'll try to explain:

• 00:17 - Select White Balance Tool
  • 00:20 - Click on grey 18% zone
  • 00:24 to 00:44 - Set your adjustments, as you on can see White Balance section, ºk is 3403 and tint -8
  • 00:45 - Show Clipped High Lights and Shadows
  • 01:35 - Save Preset with name 'SpiderCube'
  • 01:45 - Save by  second time Preset with same name, (I think this is a bug, AP doesn't show message that all ready exist)
  • 01:59 - Save by  third time Preset with same name
  • 02:10 - Load new image
  • 0:2:26 - Apply preset previously saved with name 'SpiderCube', on this step, white balance are disable (second bug), you just need to enable, (third bug, temperature is 5867ºk not 3403 and tint -5
  • 02:39 - Delete Presets, no need more, must delete all that you created. 
  • 0:3:02 to 04:45 - Use of history tool, No tab or tool or Menu shows Presets saved.
  • 04:46 to end - Develop

Just to clarify, just need to save one time the Preset, I saved three times to show a bug in AP.

Regards

• 2 months later...

Are you sure that the AP white balance picker here is calibrated for an 18% gray (mid gray) level and not instead a 90% reflective white point? - However, the develop persona would be better suited here, if it would offer to choose and select with the usual common three pickers (a white point, a gray point and a black point picker) for making adjustments. That's BTW also the reason your SpiderCube has all three of them on it!

Further I miss the same for the AP curves tool here, beeing able to quickly adjust the color temperatures of an image by pointing with a dedicated white, gray, black picker on an image and also being able to save/reload these individual setup curves adjustments for reuse.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2