You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Focus stacking usability enhancements

Hi,

Here is a collection of observations/requests for focus stacking. 

1)   Please provide a keyboard shortcut to toggle source preview. In the retouching phase, it can slow things down considerably to move the mouse over to the tiny toggle button to change the view.

2)   Similarly, up-down arrows (or similar) to cycle through source images would allow the mouse to stay over the area of interest where the retouching is going on.

3)   When changing tools (e.g. from stamp to zoom and back to stamp), the source image pane always reverts to a state where it is scrolled all the way to the top. This is cumbersome when working with large stacks. Please make the state of the pane "sticky."

4)   It seems to me that after the initial stacking is done, I can work with the original stacked images but cannot clone from one part of the working image to another, or choose coordinates from which to clone. After I close the image and reopen, I can clone from any coordinates in the working image but no longer have access to the original stacked images. Is this true, or have I missed something? Are there ways to access the alternate sources? I would like to be able to mix and match these operations.

Thanks!

Peter