You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add text based watermark via macro

I've searched the forum best I could on this problem with no results. I tried to create a macro to add copyright info to images. AP gives me an alert indicating text cannot be applied using this method. Really?? Please don't tell me I have manually add copyright text to 25, 50 or more images. Anyone find a way to do this using A P?

MacBook Pro 15", Mid 2012, AP V 1.10.5

Although not text based, this is a fairly easy way to do it (

).  I used this, then created a macro to paint it on to the open pic, then I just reposition as needed.  It's still clunky and slow, but it does help a little.  If you know how to paint to a relative position (say 20 px up and 20 px left of the lower right corner), then we could further automate this by auto-positioning the paint / watermark.  I haven't figured that out just yet though (started looking at it today myself)

Hope this help!

Jason

Jason:

Thanks for the comment. I just installed A-P a couple weeks ago, so I'm trying to translate PS CS6 to A-P, LOL.

Are you suggesting when recording the Macro to place the text inside the parentheses so A-P doesn't recognize the text as such? As I read your comment it triggered a thought to create a separate jpg c-right notice image with the text. Have the macro open the c-right image and add it to the file being worked on??

UPDATE:

Madame -

OK, I watched the video you listed along with a bunch of others. So here's what I did.

1- Had to figure how the Brush panel worked and how to create a new brush.

2- I created an image with my studio logo, copyright info and studio web site url

3- Learned I had to save it as a png.

4- After clicking "duplicate brush" 5 times because I saw no confirmation the brush was duplicated, I found that  the duplicates are listed at the very bottom of the list of brushes.

5- Figured out how to delete brushes

6- Managed to create a brush for my studio watermark

7- Determined the brush size needed to display on a camera raw image

8- Started to create a macro to automate the use of the watermark brush, tested, edited and finalized

All this took about 3 hours.

Well, it isn't just about what you did accomplish, but getting a better understanding of the app.

And with your thorough description you will help other people that (maybe) don't dare to ask.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

• 5 years later...

UPDATE:

I continued searching on this topic to find a work around.

1. Open a new document. I set my document size equal to the image size created by my camera. Also, set the background to none or clear.
  2. Create your watermark text and add any text enhancements, i. e. bevel/emboss, text color, size, etc.
  3. When finished, save the file.
  4. Export the file to pdf format.
  5. You've now created your watermark.
  6. Open an image to watermark, use File/Place, select the watermark pdf file. Your watermark will now appear over the image.
  7. In addition, you can create a Macro to automate watermarking for multiple images.

I hope this helps any of you as much as it did for me. Should you come upon any enhancements/alternatives to this please let us know!