Coyote

[Fixed] Affinity Photo "Edit Macro" Not Working

Edit Macro is not working for me .. When I right-click on any macro, "Edit Macro" is greyed-out. I have re-installed Affinity, checked out the FAQs, asked for help in the forum .. no joy. I don't know if this is a bug or a misunderstanding on my part, but I am at a loss for a solution.

Coyote

Hmm, i've had a play around and it always seems to stay enabled for me. Are you able to rename/delete a macro and are only unable to edit it?

I would advise doing a software reset (hold down CTRL whilst running the app) but this will wipe all custom settings (including macros), so you might not want to look at doing that yet if you've made a few. 

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hey Coyote,

What version of the app are you using? I assume you're on the release and not beta? I've checked both and they seem to be OK for me. Can you export it and send it to me?

I have got the same problem.

rel. ver. 1.5.0.45 @ Windows 10

Sometimes the "Edit macro" works, but mostly not.... Rename and Delete options are OK, but EDIT is sometimes gray.... (actually around 2 out of 3 cases).

Thanks for solving

Jindra

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

Affinity Photo user - cur.ver. 1.6.1.93 @ Win 10

Yes, today I have opened AFPhoto and Edit macro works :) Yesterday I tried it 3 times and none of the sessions had working Edit macro option.... it seems I am not going to close this session for this day  :D 

Otherwise great SW, you have done great job, I like it and I have already quit using PS ;)

Jindra

ver. 1.5.0.45 @ Windows 10

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

I suspect there is a bit of a recipe to get it display disabled. We will continue to poke it and if you notice it happen again let us know, and try remember anything you may have done before hand that you think could have caused it.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you are enjoying the software! :)

It seems to me I have found the scenario....

1. When I open new session of AP and then immediatelly try to Edit macro, it is gray and stays gray for the rest of the time the session is opened.

2. When I open new session of AP and then open any photo before going to work with macros, then the macro Edit option works.

Seems some parameter for "Edit macro" is being set to Inactive and is blocked for the whole session on.

ver. 1.5.0.45 @ Win 10

Jindra

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

Seems this bugs has not been covered by 1.5.1.54 update :unsure:

Still works the same - while trying to "Edit macro" when no photo file is opened, it stays locked and grayed for editing the rest of the time the session is opened....

Thanks for solving ;)

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

You are correct it isn't covered by the 1.5.1.54 update, assuming everything goes ok with testing it should be fixed in the next build.