mark us

Vector Brush size variation doesn't work

Using vector brush with a dynamic brush with size variation, the result is a uniform stroke.

Of course I set the Controller dropdown in context toolbar to Automatic or to velocity, but nothing changes significantly.

Probably someone can help me.

I've attached a Video showing how it should be and how AD behaves.

O.k. I learned: atttaching a Video is not possible. So I will attach a screenshot.

Happy New Year!

Markus

P.S. By the Way, since I use Affinity Designer and Photo, , my Windows 10 produces every now and then bluescreens, which I never had before.

post-47580-0-24892100-1483284946_thumb.jpg

Hate to bring bad news but bluescreens usually mean faulty hardware or, hopefully, incorrect bios settings. If you have minidumps you can analyze them with BluescreenView to give you some ideas where to look.

What GPU do you use, does it run games fine ? Is your CPU overclocked ? Did you stress test ram for errors ? Affinity does use gpu acceleration so that would be my first place to look for problems.

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672

Thank you, but sorry, it was my fault, I shouldn't have added the thing with the bluescreens - but this is not the essence of the topic. And it really happened the first time since I was using Affinity. But I really want to move from adobe to Affinity.

With Windows and mouse:

After developing the controller and choosing the mode of action, you can select your stroke, then click on the line representation in the context menu bar, then click "pression" and finally play with the nodes to get what you want.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

post-37692-0-79825100-1483299736_thumb.png