You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD (only) Isometric Mock-up with Symbols

Michelangelo_

Hi guys, I've checked this video (at 1:10)

and this post about the Mock-up

Maybe I'm not the first to try this way but it works and I can edit all contents in real time without AP.
The current version of AD does not support the Perspective Distortion but the isometric view is pretty nice ( you can add the PD through AP).

box_symbol.jpg

- Mock-up as a symbol.
- duplicate the symbol, add a group (one of each face) 
- add the vector crop tool and crop each face
- add skew and rotate each face.
- add shadows and light reflections to isometric view.

box_symbol_layers.jpg

in the example you can edit the box and the isometric view reflect your modification.

Michelangelo
________
BTW, Another project with AD file: Medusa

great idea because AP does not work for this at the moment anyway

Yes I know. AD and AP share the same engine, I've bought AP only to "paste" the Perspective distortion tool ( I'm a bit surprised for that). I'm in waiting for the next release of AD with perspective transforms as a standard tool.

anyway, in my work also the isometric view is good  :rolleyes:

happy new year !

• 1 year later...

an update on this work. the simulation can be also animate with HypePro, I made a new box based on my AD file. more info here

I made a lot of works with both softwares and I hope that is possible, in future, an option to export a suitable shape to hype with AD for the morphing animation;

thanks!

hype_template_mockups_simulator_2_.jpg

AD file symbol_isometric_blue_box.zip

On 1/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, Michelangelo_ said:

an update on this work. the simulation can be also animate with HypePro, I made a new box based on my AD file. more info here

I made a lot of works with both softwares and I hope that is possible, in future, an option to export a suitable shape to hype with AD for the morphing animation;

thanks!

hype_template_mockups_simulator_2_.jpg

I can't find the AD file on either link, only the HyperDocks template...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

14 hours ago, ronnyb said:

I can't find the AD file on either link, only the HyperDocks template...

@ronnyb sorry, forgot to enclose also the AD file.

BTW: In AD it you can add perspective only through an AP module and for this reason I did not apply it; I hope that the new AD release allows the perspective deformation of the groups of paths (as in HypePro)

4 hours ago, Michelangelo_ said:

@ronnyb sorry, forgot to enclose also the AD file.

BTW: In AD it you can add perspective only through an AP module and for this reason I did not apply it; I hope that the new AD release allows the perspective deformation of the groups of paths (as in HypePro)

FYI, If you have AP, you can add the perspective live filter and AD will still support it!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

16 hours ago, Michelangelo_ said:

Thanks! yes I know but it is not a native option; I share the files and I'm sure everyone has AP :)

But it's it's still usable and editable! This is the power of the Affinity file format... exploit it!!!

12 hours ago, ronnyb said:

But it's it's still usable and editable! This is the power of the Affinity file format... exploit it!!!

I'm able to manage perspective distortion but AD 1.6x is not able to do it ( and here we are still very far from AI) because the tool through AP is not a vector   distorsion and you can't control it in AD. So I share the file for AD only :)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this is epic!!!! Amazing job. How do you go about achiving this effect? And how well dose it work for none boxed shapes?

Edits: also works great on AD for iPad.

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire

On 2/1/2019 at 12:13 PM, SalfingerAndrew said:

Wow, this is epic!!!! Amazing job. How do you go about achiving this effect? And how well dose it work for none boxed shapes?

Edits: also works great on AD for iPad.

Thanks Andrew

the video was made with HypePro and not AD. My intention is to join both apps in order to produce animated version of the AD file. Now I'm able to import only SVG to hype but I'm not able to apply morphing and the shape distorsion on the SVG, now I can only use the perspective distorsion.

theoretically yes, it is possible to build any shape (made with  inclined planes as in the packaging)