You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I had a job before the holidays. The subject was 40 ft long and 15 ft high. The subject was in a rectangle shaped room along the long dimension and couldn't be moved. I had to shoot from the short side of the room. Tried a series of wide lenses but that was unacceptable due to distortion. So I had no choice but to stitch a series of images. I gotta tell you it was the first time I stitched anything. I was pretty nervous about it because it was a one off. I would not get a second attempt. The subject was getting dismantled the next day. So I locked everything down and took 7 shots on the vertical.

This is where Affinity Photo steps in. Got back to my Mac and watched some Photo tutorials. Dumped the raw files into the Panoramic window and out came a near perfectly stitched image. Only one little spot that took seconds to fix was the only issue.

So a big thank you for that folks! Good software. I am trying to learn this software so I can dump PS completely. As a long time PS user it will take some time but now I am committed.

G

Congratulations on your success and welcome to the community!

I have been a long time panorama taker and used to use panorama-specific software (Panorama Studio 2) for my panos but a couple of tries with AP and I have given up using my old software and now only use Affinity Photo. Panorama Studio was very good, but so is the AP pano functionality. There is also related HDR and stacking functionality in AP as well and those are just as good - you might want to give them a try as well.