You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Affinity Community,

.ai file support would be absolutely amazing. I know it is a proprietary format, but if there is any chance that this would ever happen, then it would open so many more doors to collaboration, at least for me, and all the different people that I work with :-)

That's all.

Cheers,

Richard Nash

Los Angeles, CA

Even though I have plug-ins to move publications from ID to QXP and vice versa, collaborators ought to be all working in the same application and, depending upon the work, even the same versions of those applications. I would never rely on those conversions without checking in the end application (and rightly so as there are always things to fix). Those plug-ins simply are not made for collaboration but rather for the purpose of moving work into the other without collaboration being an intent.

The same holds true just of using IDML out of ID to be able to open in a previous version of ID--it is not intended for collaboration and that is at least from the same maker's application to a previous version of it.

All Serif is ever going to support with the AI file format in ether direction is likely what is currently possible. Even with CorelDraw, I need to truly check exports in AI before handing off AI files and it (CD) is about as good as it gets for AI export support. Depending upon the illustration, the quality of the conversion is between perfect and "oops, I gotta fix that."

Mike