You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Edit 360 Equi without seam

I just bought Affinity Photo and I think that this software looks pretty awesome!  It is way faster and more responsive than Photoshop on my Windows 10 PC.

However, I am a pro 360/panoramic photographer, and one of my biggest complaints about Photoshop (and Lightroom, and pretty much everything actually) is that it has no idea when a photo wraps around at the edges of an equirectangular image, and therefore when I apply "nearest neighbor" functions like vibrance, clarity, shadows, highlights, sharpness, etc., I get a seam that can be quite pronounced.

When I read Affinity Photo had native 360 functionality, that sounded like music to my ears. Within the Photo persona, I've had no problems with seams, which is a huge improvement over Photoshop. I tried using the Tonemapping persona, which did some amazing stuff with a really lousy Theta image that I never would have guessed, but then when I projected it to equi, the seam was as big and bold as ever...

I'd just like to ask if there is a way that I can avoid this in the Tonemapping persona, and if the Tonemapper can be made 360-friendly, because with 360 images, this is almost critical. You often have the uber bright sun in the same image with uber dark shadows, and tonemapping of this quality would be something I really would like to take advantage of.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...