Ed5

Selection refinements

Hi I am using windows AP I find when using the selection tool to take an object out of a photo I find the refinement tool does not do a very good job. For example the smoothness does not work very well.. It leaves jagged edges. I tried everything to smooth the edges and it still looks bad. I tried the same thing in photoshop and it is like night and day. Love your program I hope you can fix this part of the program. It will make making cutouts much better then I would not have to use photoshop to do this task.. Thanks!  

Photoshop cutout : post-44131-0-95480400-1483031028_thumb.png                                                   Affinity cutout: post-44131-0-70197000-1483031215_thumb.png

Not sure you can see the differences in the pictures uploaded.. :-)

Hi Ed5,

I'm no expert what selection methods did you use? Selection seem really powerful in AP

I'd thoroughly recommend having a look through these videos for the ones specifically on this subject
https: //vimeo.com/channels/875980

Regards

I used the selection brush tool.. Well the selection is not the problem it's how it actually does the refining.. The process does not do very well. Notice the pics I put up you can see the differences... I watched the videos on the subject.. I think its a flaw in the program.. 

mmmm something doesn't seem right though look at the file sizes, the AP file is tiny why?

Anywho one of the things that I'm having to work hard at is not assuming that doing something in PS is how to do it in AP, personally that means a lot of re-learning but hey that's what the holidays are for!  :D

Got the feeling you need to do what I'm doing, dig a little bit deeper. It's amazing me how powerful AP is but don't use it like your still using PS. AP is perfectly capable of very complex selections!

Good luck

Regards