You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APB plugin default folder

This morning I added some plugins to the APB default plugin folder and restarted it. When it reopened I checked the list of recognized plugins and saw that the plugins I added did not show up, so they were not recognized as valid plugins. This made me curious as to why - that is, I am not asking why they do not work as I realize that there is still work to do on plugins, but why they were not even recognized as plugins. They are valid PS plugins and I expected them to show up in the list once I added them to the default plugin folder and restarted APB, but they did not.

Does APB keep a list of valid plugins and only recognize those? Or are there other criteria?

Hi Mike

I've put some plug ins (the nik collection) in the default folder and 1.5.2 beta 2 picked them up fine. is it a particular plug in you are trying to get it to display? I shall take it these plug ins appear if you navigate to their original folde rinstead of using the APB default?

cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I was referring to other plugins, not the Nik ones.

While I did not expect them to work I did think that putting them in the default plugin folder would at least list them as plugins. I placed the OnOne plugins (Develop, Effects, Resize) in the plugin folder but they never appeared in the Filters plugin list so I began to wonder what criteria a plugin must meet to even be recognized, even if it does not work.

There are other plugins I have tried that have not shown up in the list as well, but these are the ones I tried after updating APB.

• Staff

Hi MikeFromMesa,

Although it's not common there's cases where the plug-ins don't even appear on the menu even without using Affinity Photo's default folder. I don't know which plugins you are trying but for example none of the ON1 plugins are currently detected, including the most recent ones that come with Photo RAW 2017.

[EDIT] Seems we were both replying at some time. Sorry the redundancy.

Hi MikeFromMesa,

Although it's not common there's cases where the plug-ins don't even appear on the menu even without using Affinity Photo's default folder. I don't know which plugins you are trying but for example none of the ON1 plugins are currently detected, including the most recent ones that come with Photo RAW 2017.

[EDIT] Seems we were both replying at some time. Sorry the redundancy.

Yes. It was the On1 plugins that I was referring to. I am curious as to why they are not even detected, and they are not the only ones. The PhotoMatix plugin is also not recognized and, I believe, others although I am not at home and cannot check my main computer.

I did not expect them to work but I did expect them to be detected.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.