You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Re-Orient "Sphere" for Equirectangular images

Hi,

I posted this feature request a while ago on Facebook and I was asked to post this here in the right place.

I am very happy with the ability to retouch quickly 360° OpenEXR images in Affinity Photo now, for example to remove the tripod. For this I am using the Live Projection function.

At times a stitched equirectangular image has not a leveled horizon or the most interesting part of the image is not inftont of the initial position.

For video (plugin for FCPX) there is a plugin from dashwood3D.com that is called re-orient sphere, Autodesk flame has this function as well. Here it is called Map Convert. in Foundry´s Nuke its called Spherical Transform. And there is Skybox (Mettle)

Convert-Re-orient-Camera.png

http://www.dashwood3d.com/360vrtoolbox.php

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/flame-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Flame/files/GUID-26C43C08-4320-441F-83FE-201083E6A9E4-htm.html

I guess with the Live Projection this functionality actually already exists in Affinity Photo. I could think of a wireframe overlay in the Live Projection, where I can rotate "texture" inside the sphere for example. Or there could be a filter like the Affine filter in the Distort menu in the 2:1 equirectangular view. There I could simply "turn" the 360 image in the desired direction.

Best regards

Daniel Brylka

www.toodee.de