You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where is the Trial Version for testing it??

Hi there,

I saw this application on Chip.de, and would like to try it out.

But, since I downloaded trial version from the Chip.de and installed it, I was not able to run.

I am wondering, if it's any trial version available??
If yes, where can I download it from ?

Is it usually 30 days period?

I would like to test it before I buy it.

Very sincerely, and greetings from Germany,

Dino

• Staff

Hi Dino,

Welcome to the forum.

Our trials are currently being updated to include the new 1.5 features for both Mac and Windows. When they're ready, they'll be available to download from our site, the trials last for 10 days.

From what I can tell, all Chip.de offers for download are either old, out of date 10 day trial versions for Mac or old, expired public beta versions for Windows from their own servers. I don't know anything about Chip.de but I doubt Serif/Affinity has authorized this. In general I suggest avoiding this kind of third party download site because an increasing number of them want you to use their 'special' downloaders that include other potentially unwanted programs ("PUP's") as a dubious 'bonus' for using their site.

Instead, I strongly suggest downloading these things only from a trusted source like the developer's own site, for example through https://affinity.serif.com/

Currently, there are no trial versions for Windows available, but they have promised that they will be available in the first few weeks of 2017. There is a Mac trial version for Designer (U.S. sign up link is https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/signup/trial/designer/) but I believe the current Mac Photo version is also not yet quite ready for downloading.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I'm new here and I would like to try Affinity Photo for Windows too. I read good things by people using it instead of Photoshop. My question is, is the trial period really going to be only 10 days? :huh: Isn't this kind of short to really test the full feature set of a software like this? Would it be possible to test for 20 days at least or maybe 30 days as most software trials out there? Photoshop's trial period for example is 30 days long. This gives a good a mount of time to thoroughly test the features and stability of the software in different situations. That would be really nice. :) I'm afraid I won't be able to test the stability and all features of Photo in just 10 days. Most people, especially professionals, don't have a lot of free time on their hands to tinker with stuff so 10 days looks particularly short for this group of people. Besides, it gives off a feeling that it's a subpar product compared to Photoshop which trial is 3 times longer. Please consider this.

Anyways, no matter how long the trial is, I'm most probably going to try it out. :D

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

• Staff

Alex_M

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums

I hope it impresses you quickly then.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon